So the OEM back cover?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I've been using a Seidio extended battery back cover, but damn is it bulky, doubles the thickness of the phone, and its not as durable as I had hoped... Besides that, I think the battery is sucking too much for a 3500mAh extended battery.

Anyway, I was thinking about using my stock battery cover, it feels better ergonomically, and I like how it's way thinner, but I never actually broke it in- I used my Seidio stuff as soon as I got my Droid.

With that I ask, how durable is the Droid Incredible with its stock battery cover? It makes the camera stick out so that when you put the phone on a table, the phone takes the weight, and if you slide your phone on the surface... Well does that scratch the lens or anything? Or is the lens glass?

And I hear the HTC letters like to peel off.... have you, the noble forum replier, had this issue?

That metal ring around the earphone jack, some people report this coming loose/coming off?

And finally, does that rubberized outer layer peel off/crack with use, especially around the openings (power button "indent", volume rocker "indent", hole on the bottom- (that's for wristbands!))?

Thank ye in advance!

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Bump!

Come on guys, we all have Droid Incredible's, it's a simple question, just look at the back of your phone, any scratches or signs or wear?

schollianmj

Reaction score
been rocking my DInc stock back cover with nary an issue. headphone ring is still tight, HTC letters are still there, rubberized coating is still rubberized. camera lens is plastic so yes it can get scratched, but I havent had an issue with it... I recently bought a Verizon generic hard silicone case and it didnt add any bulk really, but it is just a BIT thicker than the camera is tall, so now the lens will not hit the table or whatever.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I've been using the back cover since the phone came out back in april, I preordered the phone. I've had no issues. The letters DID peel off, though, but it really looks fine if you just peel them all off if that ever occurs.