So..how are people liking the phone so far?

Discussion in 'LG Spectrum' started by emptypaperheart, Feb 7, 2012.

1. uma

uma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update!: All my card games are big and bold finally. I discovered a "make apps fit the size of the screen" click. (I thought it was telling me it was in that mode but instead it was a menu hidden inside), I checked all the apps and low and behold all apps selected are huge and bold like everyone elses.

The only problem now is: Some games and movies won't flip upside down for me. This is awkward when its on the dock for instance. Its set on Auto Rotate and will turn landscape or portrait but it wont turn upside down when needef. Any tips?

2. dsakfong

dsakfong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely loving my Spectrum! Huge improvement over the Fascinate and then my rebooting Revolution. Speed & ips display!

Font size: adjust with "Big Font" from the Market. I like 110%

Launcher: reviewers knock the LG Touchwiz. Don't like it? Switch launchers... Go Launcher EX from the Market is my fav.

Battery life: so/so with stock battery, picked up an extended battery and case/holster from Verizon store.
    .... Any suggestions on a battery saver app?

Updated Swype ... I actually LIKE that I have to add words. On the Fascinate especially, I spent so much time deleting my own misspellings from the Swype dictionary!
    ... Haven't found a way to avoid entering one of Swype's suggestions and start a word over, though, if I really mess up a word.

Haven't used the cameras yet but I am sure it will be fine for a phone. If I need better shots I'll use a dedicated camera.

Only shortcoming is lack of onboard storage. Revolution had 16 gig but Spectrum only came with 4, maybe 2 gig was available. App2SD should help.

This after 3 days with my new, blazing fast 4G toy!

Sent from my VS920 4G using DroidForums

3. liteon163

liteon163 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I switching from an AMOLED Droid Incredible and this LG Spectrum is quite nice.

It's going to take me awhile to get used to the bigger screen, especially when trying to type in landscape mode. My hands and fingers will adapt. Speaking of typing, I'm using SwiftKey X. I've gotten hooked on it ever since I got it as Amazon's Free App of the Day. I might start using Swype in portrait mode, though, as I find it easier in that arrangement.

The battery seems perfectly acceptable, so long as I get used to charging overnight again (like I used to before I rooted and ROM'd my old DInc).

As for readability, I am loving not having to zoom any webpage. It's also possible to read my Zinio digital magazines without zooming. Amazing. I am so glad I have another true RGB stripe display. The only drawback I've seen so far is that some apps (like Facebook for Android) won't rotate to landscape. I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the app's inability to go 1280 pixels wide. They'll get there eventually.

The display's colors don't pop like the old AMOLED, but they do seem much more natural after getting used to the new display.

I tried Go Launcher EX, but I didn't like it. One day I will try ADW again (it's what comes with CM7, so I tried it in the past). But right now I'm running Launcher Pro just like I did on my DInc. I like how its interface rotates when I change from portrait to landscape and back again. With this bigger display, I've added another row of icons. I'm running four columns by five rows and all of them are perfectly legible.

I've only had the phone for two days now, so I'll come back later with more impressions. And I'll be better organized next time.

More later

4. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +672
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
    I love the screen but unfortunately thats it. I never has a phone with such a lack of support & accessories. This is my first Non-Motorola Android Phone. Might be going back to a Motorola unless Samsung makes a phone with expandable memory.

5. liteon163

liteon163 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The Samsung Galaxy S 3 has a microSD slot, doesn't it?

As for accessories, I must be in the minority by wanting nothing other than a basic case for my phone. That's all I wanted on my last phone (HTC DROID Incredible), too.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

6. jet

jet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of accessories are you looking for?

7. nickg

nickg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the Spectrum is my first smartphone and just got it last Friday. liking it so far for sure. still trying to figure out how to get Skype video chat up and running on it but no success yet, dang it!!

8. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +672
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
    I have 2 upgrades coming in August & I will be replacing my Spectrum. I am tired of waiting for ICS & now Jelly Bean is coming out. I am done with LG and their lack of Support. Lets see what comes out in the next month. This will be the first time I replace my phone in less than a year. So sad. Should have got a Razr in the first place.

9. crizonic420

crizonic420 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i really like it works great with games and had minimal glitches, but for some reason my adb wont recognize the and i have tried every lg driver

10. corki2

corki2 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I love my Spectrum. I replaced my Rezound (now my backup device) and I'm very happy with it. I have had no issues at all. I love the screen size. I'm running Launcher 360 on it and it runs smooth as silk.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

11. jeffm920

jeffm920 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help

Got the update this morning. I now get no audio notification of incoming SMS messages. I have looked everywhere I can think.

12. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I recently picked this up refurbished and I love it. Had to download/install two updates but it was worth it. I don't think I've seen a prettier screen on a phone.

Search tags for this page
lg spectrum 2 running slow
lg spectrum is slow

lg spectrum running slow

lg spectrum running very slow

lg spectrum slow

lg spectrum slow charging
lg spectrum very slow
my lg spectrum is running slow
why is my lg spectrum slow
why is my lg spectrum so slow