So.... Ext. Slim Batterry not ready fro Prime Time?

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I've done a search and it seems that the Ext. Slim Battery is fraught with troubles.
Is that the consensus?

MJ5150

Reaction score
I get the feeling from a majority of accessory makers that the Motorola Droid is now yesterdays news. They have now moved on to other devices.

-Mike

dclutter1

Reaction score
I've been interested in the slim extended battery as well. I haven't heard anything about it either way though. So it's not doing so well?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been interested in the slim extended battery as well. I haven't heard anything about it either way though. So it's not doing so well?

I never even heard that any were out for the Droid.

dclutter1

Reaction score

I never even heard that any were out for the Droid.

I could have sworn I've seen a 1750 mah battery for the Droid somewhere but I just tried to get you a link and I can't find it. I must have just missed the word "incredible" in there.

Lol, I guess that answers that question.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I have the 2600 extended battery so I don't really need the slim one anyway.

Amazon is selling the OEM batteries for $5.09. You could buy several and wear a Battery Bandolier.

joker402

Reaction score
sedio has a slim pending but i wonder if they will wait untill the release of the shadow and droid 2 to see if it will work with both of those aswell

i to have been waiting.

GonzoGreg

Reaction score
What Battery options are there for the MotoDroid, any exceptional EXT Life models? What's the best to have, OEM?

MrC1122

Reaction score
I saw some extended life batteries on ebay just yesterday, but it's kinda vague if they're for the moto droid or not.

Last edited:

coolkidd

Reaction score
I never really got interested with buying extended batteries... I just carry my ZAGG Sparq with me all the time and a short micro USB cable... Gets the job done! It charges all my gadgets as well!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What Battery options are there for the MotoDroid, any exceptional EXT Life models? What's the best to have, OEM?

Seidio sells both a 2600mV and 2800mV (the OEM battery is 1300mV). I got my 2600 from Amazon for about $56. Both are about twice the thickness of the OEM, so if you're using the Multimedia Dock and a Holster, you'd have to change them. Seidio sells both accessories as well as Droid Forums (the battery as well).

A problem with the those batteries is that there is no app currently that will accurately tell how much is there. I mean, the battery may be able to run 50 hours, but the phone will be telling you to charge after the first 8. I use the app Battery Left and have the widget set for mV. If it's less that 3500mV I should charge it soon.

The OEM batteries cost about $8 from Amazon, so you could have one as backup.