SMS Backup & Restore wrong date stamp on sent text messages.

dscrap

Reaction score
SMS Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

Hi all,

I have a Droid X and I use it a lot for business texting. I needed a simple way to backup my text messages. I found SMS Backup and Restore which used to do the trick. Unfortunately since I updated to Android 2.2 all of my sent texts are off by 4 hours. I'm not sure if there is a setting to fix this, but if there is I can't find it.

The app saves the text messages in an xml file with a date stamp that is in milli seconds. Each message has either a 1 for received or a 2 for sent in a separate column when opened in Excel. If I sort by that column to get all the sent texts in order then I can add a column and then subtract 1.44E+7 from the time stamp column and I then get the right time (minus 4 hours). I can then convert the column format to a readable date with another formula. The problem is that in Excel I have to copy all of the sent messages to a new worksheet in order to do the conversion. If I try it in the main workbook it changes the received messages as well.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem. It didn't do it prior to the update to Android 2.2. Or do you know of a way to do it in excel easily?

Thanks

beebee

Reaction score
I'm having this problem too, but I don't know how to fix it with excel... I've tried a few different backup apps and it's the same with all of them! Can anyone help?