Skype Re-install

Reaction score
Hello all. First I just want to say I have been trolling these forums for the past couple of days (only had my droid since Tuesday). I like what I see and you guys are doing a great job. My name is Mario but most people just call me Dark or Darkstar. I am the founder and owner of darkstartuning.com (website is down for updates) and we sell aftermarket car parts. Lol now that you have some info I have a question to ask...

When I first got my Droid it had Skype pre-installed. I accidentally deleted it and would now like to get it back. However I cannot find it in the Apps Market, and I cannot get it from Skypes site as the say it is not compatible (even though I had already been using it). I even tried resetting my phone to factory (very painful considering the amount of work I put into customizing my layouts.) but still nothing worked. Anyone know how to get it back? I am not rooted and am running 2.0.1. Thanks in advance.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Welcome to the forums. This site is a wealth of knowledge. Except on this matter from me. I have never seen skype on a Droid. Sorry but good luck on finding an answer.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7

Shiznit14

Reaction score
Skype official beta client is in the market.

(Edit) Never mind it is no longer there. I have it maybe I can post the .apk somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. Qupop the download worked awesomely. You guys are great!!! Thanks again. Now I'm off to read more about rooting. Debating on whether or not to take the plunge. If anybody is interested I started a group for the droid on facebook. We only have a couple members but your guys advise and insight would be welcomed by them. Look for DarkStar Tuning.

QuPop

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. Qupop the download worked awesomely. You guys are great!!! Thanks again. Now I'm off to read more about rooting. Debating on whether or not to take the plunge. If anybody is interested I started a group for the droid on facebook. We only have a couple members but your guys advise and insight would be welcomed by them. Look for DarkStar Tuning.

No problem! I just rooted my droid i love the speed of it over clocked and was really easy i found all the help i needed here.

snowman

Reaction score
Ok I'd liie skype also to use on wi-fi, got it on the droid by mounting after downloading and moving it to the sd card, now how do you install an exe file on the droid?
if I tap on it it dosen't open

Shad0w325

Reaction score
Ok I'd liie skype also to use on wi-fi, got it on the droid by mounting after downloading and moving it to the sd card, now how do you install an exe file on the droid?

You can't install .exe files on the Droid. Only .apk files.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Use Astro to navigate to your sd card and click on the file for Swype. Then choose Open app manager and choose install. You might need to have "unknown sources" checked in settings - applications.

snowman

Reaction score
Shadow from the earlier post were downloading a exe file so there is no way to load it to te droid? it's not apk, or is there a converter you know of?

OP
D
Reaction score

Use your browser on your phone to visit this page, and click the download link. That's how I did it without any problems or extra software.

snowman

Reaction score
Thanks yes when I download it on the net it was exe. Format and through the phone it came out as apk so it works that way, I appreciate it.