Sirius app or just web listening?

kwayit

Reaction score
I'd like to use my D2 to listen to Sirius in rental cars, has anyone paid Sirius for the use of their app? Will the car mount/accessory plug work just fine from the web page?

mrbworm

Reaction score
Sirius app itself is free. But you need premium online for 1.99 per month. What that gives you is the higher quality sound, and you will hear the difference.
The problem is that the Sirius app is buggy and will not shut down sometimes or will crash the os

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
I think that it'll be worth the $2/month for the sound quailty and thank you for explaining my OS crash the 1st time I ran the Sirius app. I was concerned that it was a Windows Blue Screen feeling, now I can blame it on the Blue Sirius Screen.

twilson1118

Reaction score
I have the XM/Sirrus app on my droid 2 and it does work as you would expect once you pay the 2.99 i think for it. If you have a radio now with either company, keep in mind you have to call them i believe to activate it. As for the 40 dollar car mount, i feel its very overpriced for what it does. You can add the xm app to the car dock mode but all it does is launch as normally would and has no special features that justify the cost unless your also using the droid for a navigation device. If your rental car does not have bluetooth, the standard dock does not have any built in means to send it via a fm transmitter, you would need the Motorola T505 for that job for "universal" usage, i wouldn't hope for a 3.5mm jack to be there on rental cars to input the signal into either.

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
Thanks for the great feedback. Most of my rental cars, thanks Hertz, seem to have audio jacks. I get their Neverlost so the GPS would be back up. In my own car, I like the car dock for the GPS features and it mounts right beside my audio jack. I plan to call them tomorrow and activate the app.