sighhhhh, ipod fanboys are retarded.

rod

Reaction score
i will say that not all iphone users drink the koolaid. a good buddy of mine toiled and toiled between getting the droid or the new iphone (hed been with att for almost 12 years). in the end, he went with the iphone, only because att had told him that 3g was coming to our area by thanksgiving.

guess what. its now 12/9 and no att 3g. i had warned him, but what else could i do? anyway, he sent off a fiery email to att, and they reimbursed him the upgrade charge and rebated $50 off his phone. it settled him down for the time being.

but every time i see him, and he needs to look something up on his phone, i ask him if he wants to use mine and he gladly puts his iphone down and uses the droid. now hes never been one to admit hes wrong, but theres just something satisfying about seeing that iphone sitting idle on the table while the droid is enjoying 3g.

OP
S

Sex Cells

Reaction score
dont get me wrong, the iphone is a top notch phone.

rod

Reaction score
a phone is limited to its network. and for my area, att is second rate.

bellsouth mobility was one of the first cellular providers in south-east louisiana. over time and buy-outs, they are now the att network. i was with cingular (one of the in-betweens) when katrina hit. i went 6 weeks without services.

six weeks.

nextel had full-service across the area within 5 days. verizon was right behind them. cingular took six weeks. that was when i left cingular. now, years later, this jerk-around about 3g in the area just makes me relieved that im no longer with them. its not that they dont have 3g. its the fact that when verizon exposed their lack of 3g coverage, att had no problem telling their loyal, paying customers in the area that 3g would be here by thanksgiving. and when it wasnt ready, do you think they sent out a letter admitting defeat? nope!

a rifle is only as good as its scope. a car is only as good as its engine. and right now, in this area, the iphone is running on a weedeater motor. 3g in southern louisiana? droid does! :motdroidhoriz:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
a phone is limited to its network. and for my area, att is second rate.

Somewhat, a phone is still limited by itself, then by the network. Luckily if the iphone wasn't on AT&T in this case it would be a heck of alot better off. Apple screwed up BIG time signing an exclusive contract with AT&T. On the other hand apple is the only thing that kept AT&T off the ground. There are enough isheep out there, just as i'm sure there are going / is alot of droiddrones just the same. People get into heated debates and upset when you say the item they think is amazing, is trash. I view it near as bad as talking about someone's political views. Once someone views all products inferior to theirs, it's hard to convince them that is how it is. One thing I have routinely noticed was that most iphone users don't even acknowledge the first iphone anymore. They are always saying well my phone now has all this. Well that's great and all, but that's not where it started. I know the droid didn't start with motorola, but still hasn't been out nearly as long as apple, and seeing as it just hit mainstream, it's likely to explode.

The biggest problem for apple right now is that they are fighting a loosing battle to keep their product locked down. I know quite a few of my friends alone have stated that is a good enough reason for them to leave the phone all together, not to mention the crappy backed AT&T network. I had a discussion with a friend about, if the iphone comes to verizon, will many flock to it. Well the answer is yes. But i don't think you will see many of the people that have chosen an android platform go to the iphone and keep it. While there will be some, the vast majority will not. Because enough though the network will be there, apple will still be the cell phone maker that knows what you want in a phone more then you do, and will completely lock everything down.

Daver

Reaction score
The first person to reply to that thread has a rotory engine as his avatar...I mean c'mon, how bright is he?

rod

Reaction score
i know for a fact that if droid were to pull all its phones from verizon, and offer them solely on att, i would not switch back. thats how badly i view the att network. fwiw, im a residential contractor, so my phone must be a phone first. anything extra, is kickass. if my phone cant make phone calls, or if my network doesnt consider replacing damaged towers after a hurricane to be of utmost importance, there is no phone fancy enough to get me to stay on their network. my only hope is that verizon doesnt lose sight of this.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know for a fact that if droid were to pull all its phones from verizon, and offer them solely on att, i would not switch back. thats how badly i view the att network. fwiw, im a residential contractor, so my phone must be a phone first. anything extra, is kickass. if my phone cant make phone calls, or if my network doesnt consider replacing damaged towers after a hurricane to be of utmost importance, there is no phone fancy enough to get me to stay on their network. my only hope is that verizon doesnt lose sight of this.

Seeing as this is the #1 concern for most users of cell phones, i don't think verizon is going to go crazy and not have the coverage it needs.

rod

Reaction score
Seeing as this is the #1 concern for most users of cell phones, i don't think verizon is going to go crazy and not have the coverage it needs.

you would think, right? thats what im betting on!

and by the way... how i said "everything extra, is kickass". this droid sure does have a lotta kickass!:icon_ banana:

djstar2k2

Reaction score
rod & nu2u i feel you peeps. i been with tmo for 8yrs coverage was decent and the customer service where good. they said the 3G would be availible in when the G1 came out took a full yr but thy introduced me and the world to sumthin different than windows mobile at a great price, coverage and customer service. i was gonna unlock an i phone but my experience with an i pod nano had me skeptical. plus u cant send pics i was to not on them but if someone dogs android like they did when G1 came out i be like them i phone lovers hatin. all in all to each its on

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Its all about preferences...a users needs. Not solely on who sucks and who doesnt.

Its just like the Windows/Mac battle. There is no winner that can take all. They both do what they need to do. One just may do it better per that users experience and needs. What they value as "cool".

Thats why we have different foods...different clothes. I hate carrots...my wife loves them. Doesn't mean carrots are the devil. Either is the iPhone.

If the iPhone hadn't come out...would Motorola have had such a push to come out with the droid? I think not. To each his own....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its all about preferences...a users needs. Not solely on who sucks and who doesnt.

Its just like the Windows/Mac battle. There is no winner that can take all. They both do what they need to do. One just may do it better per that users experience and needs. What they value as "cool".

Thats why we have different foods...different clothes. I hate carrots...my wife loves them. Doesn't mean carrots are the devil. Either is the iPhone.

If the iPhone hadn't come out...would Motorola have had such a push to come out with the droid? I think not. To each his own....

Yup, that's how it is. Everyone has their own preference on what they like. Some people don't like having to customize everything, and would much rather just like it how the iphone is. Others love to customize everything. To each their own, i think both devices are good. I just prefer the droid more.