Should i use a case?

ItoBoiii

Reaction score
I enjoy the protection my otter box defender offers, but I think that it is downright hideous. I rarely drop my phone and I am very gentle with items, but there's always a couple times that your phone falls out of your hands.

coldRAZR

Reaction score
I'm always tempted but then I can never find a case that matches the quality of the phone's build. Seems pointless to buy a gorgeous phone such as the Razr and just cover it with cheap $2 Chinese plastic/rubber.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I like the Ottorbox Commuter case much better than the Defender. Looks a little less like a brick but still protected.

OP
I

ItoBoiii

Reaction score
I mean, I know that I should use case because it adds a whole lot of extra protection to the fragile phone, but the phone looks so good without a case it is a shame to cover it up

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A case does add a lot of protection to a phone. It can prevent scratches to the body (as well as the screen because the case will cause the screen to be raised a bit when turned face down), as well as provide impact protection from a drop. You may rarely drop your phone, but all it takes is one rare drop at the wrong angle to cause damage that a case could have either prevented or minimized.

For me, a case is a no-brainer. I don't invest a lot of money in my devices just to have a single accident ruin them and potentially cost me hundreds of dollars. But, I'm not a fan of large cases either. I find the Otterbox Defender to be overkill (although I can see the benefits it provides depending on the things you're doing with the phone), and the Otterbox Commuter is even a little thicker than I prefer. Personally, I love the black matte Diztronic case (other colors are available as well). I never used to like TPU cases, but this one changed my mind. It doesn't feel cheap and squishy, I love the matte look (you can get it in glossy though), and it provides good impact protection without adding hardly any bulk. It's just about as perfect as a case gets in my opinion.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I mean, I know that I should use case because it adds a whole lot of extra protection to the fragile phone, but the phone looks so good without a case it is a shame to cover it up

I can for sure understand that, I take mine out once a week to clean out the dust behind the case. I keep it out of the case all day at home where I know damage is much less likely than out in the real world. I won't take it outside without one, because I know as soon as I do I will drop it and it will break and I will cry.

JulioRazr

Reaction score
I use a silicone case because I don't like that the phone slides on tables

Daballa

Reaction score
IMO the silicon case is the only one I have found the keeps the phone looking sleek and thin. It is a little slippery though. Wish I could find one with the size of the silicon but more grip like the rubber ones offer.

MitchMel

Reaction score
I love the Cruzer lite tpu case i got. Very thin and tight fitting but does provide protection. Plus it adds grip to the sides and a kick ass Andy on the back. The Motorola M on the phone makes it look like Andy has a snaggletooth!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use a case. OtterBox Commuter. NO case is not an option BUT I don't want a case that causes damage either. Those hard clip on cases scratch the case of the phone. The commuter is not too Big and Bulky IMO.

Added bonus: Actually helps actuate the buttons on the Razr

My91sho

Reaction score