sever weather alerts Help turning off

enigmacrk

Reaction score
severe weather alerts Help turning off

I live in az and during the summer months we have our monsoon season and lately about two or three times a day ive been getting this sever weather alert warming (flash floods, severe thunder storms, godzilla sightings etc..) msg with accompany sirens. Ive had other phones where u can turn these off in the msging settings but my ics maxx doesnt have this option. Any one know how to turn off these alerts on the maxx running ics? If any one cares i dont want them because they are loud and annoying and i dony live by any washes and i am usually able to look up and notice there are thunder storms/godzilla in the sky before the alerts get sent to me because i have ears and eyes that work and am not a moron who needs some govt service to alert me to it. Although im sure this feature may be nice for people who live in hurricane or tornado areas im not one of em. Besides thunder storm warnings really? wtf is the point of that? Are there really people out there who hear thunder and wonder wtf is that and need the alert to tell em what that sound was?
end rant
but any answers would be appreciated
thanks

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummm...
Click on the emergency alert app the settings upper right corner ....

Only 1 you can't disable are presidential alerts..

Moron? Some people work in office building and can't hear see the outside weather. I myself would rely on weatherbug's radar before these alerts...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Last edited:
OP
E

enigmacrk

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip got it off..

And my point being.. even if u work in an office and u get a message about flash floods and or thunder storms so what? What does that msg being sent to you while ur at work in an office accomplish? These type of alerts are just annoying and serve no purpose other then govt baby sitting. And to have it on by default is strange... I was just baffled they would bother sending theses two types of msgs out at all and even more baffled that some one would ever find them useful..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not trying to argue as I have been sipping (all night) from the bottle.

But if I was working in a nice air conditioned cubical and my kids were at home, maybe playing outside, I would like to let them know.
BUT then again the "nice" part doesn't apply to me ... and I rely on radars as I live in texas and the weather forecast will change on a "spurs" notice.
That being said " most people" meaning the general population that doesn't know the full potential of "android" probably like the alerts..

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----