1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Setting default e-mail?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by OnFlight1978, Nov 13, 2009.

1. OnFlight1978

OnFlight1978 New Member

Hi everyone. I have yet to figure out how to set my "gmail" account to be my default e-mail account. On my main screen "Email" I have my AOL and YAHOO e-mail configured..and it wants to make one of those the defaults. So when I go to email someone from my contact list for example, it will send e-mail via my aol account..and I want it to always send it from my gmail account... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks for the input and help!
  2. jdltek

jdltek New Member

I too am having this problem. I have a gmail, google apps and a pop3 account. My droid has made the pop3 account my default account. I even went into the pop account settings to uncheck the default account option and it still doesn't change. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks....
  3. jdltek

jdltek New Member

Has anyone found a way to change this? I too have this problem. I have a Google Apps account, a gmail account and a pop account. The pop account is set as the default mail account. I uncheck it and it reappears. I have deleted the account and re-added it and the same thing happens. Please help!
  4. biglu

biglu New Member

bump bump bump
  5. peppattyme

peppattyme New Member

I need help on this too please!

(When I send e-mail it is "from" my gmail account, but I want it to be from my work (I think that is what the pop3 is.)

Thanks!
  6. ancsite

ancsite New Member

answer...

1. Tap on Email application [​IMG]
    2. Your Default email account will be displayed.
    3. Press Menu hard key
    4. Select Email settings: [​IMG]

Email settings menu: [​IMG]

• Touch Default Account to select account that is displayed and controlled when you select email application. You can adjust this to different account at any time. You will need to back out fully from the email application with the "Back" hard key and then re-open the email application to change the mailbox you are viewing.
Search tags for this page

android change default email account

android default email

android set default email account

change default email on android

how to change default email android
how to change main email on droid dna
how to set an email as default on android
how to set default email account on android
how to set default email android

how to set default email on android

how to set default email on droid