Serious problem with Bionic

billkozby

Reaction score
So i hated the JB update so I decided to try and go back to ICS. I already had a rooted phone with Titanium Backup. Downloaded Rom manager and busy box. Then went to find the ICS rom. The rom said i needed to download safetystrap to do anything with bionic, so I did. Then I backed up with rom manager and all my user apps with TB. At least i thought. Apparently rom manager made a time stamp for my backup, but the actual file was empty. Found that out much later. So i went through safety strap and went to install the ICS rom, but it was actually eclipse ICS. Then i flashed it on the stock rom, not the slot 1 that i had just partitioned for the new rom. So because i don't have a stock rom, the ICS never worked so I had nothing, with no back ups. But i was still able to get back to the boot menu. So i was able to go to the clockwork mod recovery through safestrap. A friend told me that all I had to do was download a working rom and flash it and everything should go. He told me to download cyogenmod (spelled wrong) that was stable. Plugged in sd card into computer, downloaded rom, put sd back in phone and installed rom from sd card. Said installation was complete. Reboot phone...blank screen. Now the only thing i can do is hold power volume/up down and get to the boot screen. What the hell do i now or did i just brick the phone? Thanks for your help

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
just to be clear, when you hold the volume and power buttons, you can get to the fastboot screen?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
thats good, thats all you need :)
use this tool SamuriHL's House of Bionic - SamuriHL's House Of Bionic - DroidRzr.com do yourself a favor and read through the post first, the tool is really easy to use.
dont bother to install the RSD add on, you dont want to use that!! also, you need the 98.72.22 jb file NOT the ICS file, once your on JB you can not go backwards, it will just bootloop if you try.
if you have any problems or questions, just ask.

OP
B

billkozby

Reaction score
Thank you so so so much. Back up and running.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
no problem, happy to help :)
you will have to use the VM method to root now if you want root back let me find the link brb

OP
B

billkozby

Reaction score
Yeah already re-rooted. At least i know how to do that! Thanks again

OP
B

billkozby

Reaction score
Now the challenge resurfaces: how to get back to ICS without messing up. Going to do a little more research before i start playing around again :biggrin:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Bratster2 is correct, as i stated in post #4, you can not go back because of the locked bootloader.
uless you like a boot looping phone lol