separate contacts App Android

Aisha_N

Reaction score
Hey guys...
This post may go a bit long....so plz be patient.

I am looking for an app that can store phone contacts separate from the ones that are stored by the default contacts app. So that the default contacts app does not have any access to those contacts. I think this is possible if the other app stores them in a diff format...but I'm not able to find any app that can store contacts other than .vcf

To make it simple...this is why i want that.
I dont want some of my contacts to be accessed by social apps (line, fb etc) and if we deny access of those apps to contacts it will either be all or none.
So if there is another app that can maintain contacts we can deny its access only to those social apps.
Now what i know is any contact app that we download will save those contacts as vcf and even if we have two different apps both can access all contacts created by any of them. And that creates the problem.
Now the only way left for me is to delete those specific contacts from phone book and save it in memopad or something similar... But that won't allow me know when that person calls me and i am very bad at remembering numbers.

At last... I want u all experts to suggest me on this matter.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum!
The simplest answer to this would be to create a new Gmail account specifically for those "separate" contacts. Then it's simply a matter of associating those particular contacts with that particular Gmail account. (No third party app required) They'll be saved to that particular Gmail account, then it's simply a matter of opening up your dialer, going into your contact settings, then open up "contacts to display" and specify which Gmail account. Easy peasy.

If you're specifically looking for a third party app in order to "save" them to a particular file, try VCard - Multiple Vcf Generator - Android Apps on Google Play

Edit: I don't know what's up with the cat pic....it keeps popping up when I paste the app link. lol
(Not trying to a wise guy....that'll come later)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452449852810.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452449852810.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Can't you go into contacts, edit and unlink them from the social media you don't want them tied to?

I'm not sure of an easy way to accomplish this. CR6'S idea may work but is a rather "bulky" option.....

I will think on this as it has struck my curiosity.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There may be an app made for hiding photos & videos that will also hide contacts, but I'm not sure of any particular one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Aisha_N

Aisha_N

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for showing interest.... I didn't expect this response...:)

@cr6 i have the option to display contacts for specific mail a/c. But it won't work as all the contacts from all my mails are saved in my device. So that will just hide it but they will still be accessible.
I will give Vcard a try.

As u all are showing interest.... I particularly want this for whatsapp:D. I have a habit of keeping contacts of anyone that i get..thinking it may be useful later. And i HATE deleting them. I kept my privacy settings to 'my contacts'. But i have every xyz in my contacts.....

I found an app 'old contacts' Old Contacts - Android Apps on Google Play ...but i didn't like the interface. I would like u all to have a look at that.

Rachael Alice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo vibe k6
There are so many apps avail which hide your private photos, video and other file but you there is no app avail for that particular one.