Sending a droid 2g to france for friend

cubuff

Reaction score
What steps will I need to take to send a droid 2g to a friend in france so he can hook it up to his service provider there? Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Ok so the best way for him to replace his nokia phone on his orange cell phone plan would be to have verizon unlock the sim? Than he would just be able to put his card in?

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
as far as ive been able to read ( never been oustside the US with my cell ) but im sure thats all it takes. just call verizon and i bet they could assist you

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Thanks

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
To get the unlock code the phone must be active on your VZW account for 60+ days (sometimes it's possible to work around this), and you must have 6 months of clean billing history (that is an absolute must).

Also,

just have him slap in a pre-paid simcard, or call verizon to unlock the sim

Why “or” when it's clearly “and”? No kind of a SIM card excluding the stock VZW/Vodafone one will work without an unlock code.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Ok thanks i'll try to get a unlock code for the phone without having it on my account. If they wont give it to me ill have to have my global unlocked and send it with him and than use the other one.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
If you have another Droid on the account, you can unlock the non-activated one easily since I think they just ask you about the IMEI number of the phone to unlock (they don't have it in their database, it appears).

Bear in mind, however, that if you do get the unlock code, you won't be able to unlock another phone for 6 months.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Wow never thought of that. Thanks for the good info.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Well Verizon was very generous and unlocked my gfs D3 and my D2G and the D2G that was being sent to France.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well Verizon was very generous and unlocked my gfs D3 and my D2G and the D2G that was being sent to France.

Make sure you unlocked them by inputting the unlock code.

There were some cases where people thought that the phones were unlocked after they called Global Support and the support guys just enabled the Global plan for the phone.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Will do thanks