Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard

Shel

Reaction score
I've seen a few people ask about this screen protector for the Droid, so, being I have one, I thought I'd provide my opinion on it.

Seidio's Ultimate Screen Guard has one major advantage over other screen protectors, in my opinion, and that's this... you install it without ANY water or soapy liquid being applied to your devices screen, and without any adhesive.

The Ultimate Screen Guard is applied using static cling... you peel off the backing, line up the screen guard so that it's perfectly lined up with your device's screen, then use a firm plastic card to roll in in place. It stays on firmly.

The USG also has the advantage of no orange peel effect, a problem with Invisible Shield and some other screen protectors, where, under certain lighting conditions, you see ripples on the screen guard, what looks like the pattern you might find in an orange peel. The USG is clear as glass, and nearly invisible once applied!

I've also found that it doesn't interfere with the touch sensitivity of the device, either. Scrolling, tapping, everything works as well as it did with a naked Droid.

If there is one negative I can give to the USG, it's that it shows smudges and finger prints much easier, and more prevalent than on a naked Droid. Furthermore, while with the Droid's glass I can easily swipe the screen against my pants leg or against my t-shirt, and it'll appear completely clean, the USG doesn't clear off smudges quite as easily. Wipe it with a cloth, and you'll still see smudge marks.

I find I need to use a micro fiber cloth, spray it with Monster Screen Clean or some other screen cleaning liquid, wipe the screen, then use a dry portion of the cloth to dry the screen, to get it sparklingly clean.

That being said, if you're worried about scratches on your Droid's screen (there seems to be some dispute as to whether or not the Droid's glass can even be scratched, but I've read at least two posts from people who swear they have small scratches on their screens), the USG seems to be one of the best options available!

It's also nice to know that, if and when you decide to remove the USG, there won't be any sticky mess you'll need to try to remove from the screen itself.

masterxchief

Reaction score
I just received my Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for the Motorola Droid recently and was really excited to see how it compares with other screen protectors. I've used the Zagg screen protectors before and hate the soft feel and the orange peel effect.

The screen protector comes in a plastic sleeve with an instruction card and is mounted on a thick piece of plastic. It was nice of Seidio to put the screen protector on a piece of plastic that was bigger than the screen protector because with many other brands it is difficult to figure out which piece is the screen protector. Following the instructions I was able to put on the screen protector in 10 seconds without the use of a credit card. I had a few tiny air bubble but I was able to get them out by rubbing the screen with a cloth. The screen protector covers the entire screen including the buttons on the bottom and sensors on top. I did notice that the screen protector was slightly short from covering the entire screen which caused the ear piece hole to be slightly off. It is impossible to tell that the screen protector is on unless you look closely at the edges. Although it is not stated to be fingerprint resistant, I found it harder to get fingerprints and smudges on it compared to a naked screen. I tried sending some text messages, surfing the web, and making phone calls with the screen protector and completely forgot I had it on there. There was no interference with touch screen or the sensors.

For those with the Seidio Innocase, I was able to put my case on with any problems from the screen protector. The top piece stayed on even with me trying to push it off.

I would definitely recommend this screen protector to anyone looking to get one. It is the best quality screen protector I've ever used and the easiest to apply.

iPirate

Reaction score
Do screen covers have a lifetime? Do they need to be replaced every few months?

scarrz

Reaction score
I just purchased these x5 protectors (5X EZguard Motorola VERIZON DROID Screen Protector A855) and they are horrible. I had originally purchased a Seidio protector which has a great feel but I had put a bubble on the corner when applying so I ordered these cheapos from ebay but you can definitely tell the difference. They feel rubbery and the resolution is not near as clear as the Seidio.

I have tossed these and will chalk it up to you get what you pay for. I would advise against the cheapos off ebay. Not to mention I find it harder to run your finger across the screen with these. Just my .02 cents.:)

** I ended up pulling off the seidio, washing it under water and letting it hang dry. I then reapplied it and it seems to be fine. There does appear to be a difference for the sides (one sticky side, one smooth side) even after washing.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those with the Seidio Innocase, I was able to put my case on with any problems from the screen protector. The top piece stayed on even with me trying to push it off.

I would definitely recommend this screen protector to anyone looking to get one. It is the best quality screen protector I've ever used and the easiest to apply.

Perhaps for you, maybe. Then there's me. On the off chance that there is at least one other person as dumb as I was, here's some advice.

The instructions say to "peel back the cover sheet about an inch" and then to begin putting the screen protector on the phone. This suggested to me that I should put the screen protector on the phone with the cover sheet OVER IT and begin the process. Once I discovered that I had "installed" the protector with the sticky side up, and that using a credit card to remove the air pockets, I realized my mistake.

The correct procedure is to peel the screen cover and apply the first inch or so of the screen protector with the screen cover UNDERNEATH the protector and then to continue to peel it off.

This is, imo, rather awkward, but it makes all the difference in having a screen protector that works and one with glue all over it where you put your fingers.

Fortunately, I ordered two screen protectors from Seidio.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I just purchased these x5 protectors (5X EZguard Motorola VERIZON DROID Screen Protector A855) and they are horrible. I had originally purchased a Seidio protector which has a great feel but I had put a bubble on the corner when applying so I ordered these cheapos from ebay but you can definitely tell the difference. They feel rubbery and the resolution is not near as clear as the Seidio.

I have tossed these and will chalk it up to you get what you pay for. I would advise against the cheapos off ebay. Not to mention I find it harder to run your finger across the screen with these. Just my .02 cents.:)

** I ended up pulling off the seidio, washing it under water and letting it hang dry. I then reapplied it and it seems to be fine. There does appear to be a difference for the sides (one sticky side, one smooth side) even after washing.

Did you order the ones in the link I posted? The EXACT ones? If so, I have no idea what you are talking about. Side by side the seidio screen protector and those ones in the ebay link look and feel the exact same.

EDIT: Just noticed you got the EZGUARD screen protectors. Those are the WORST SCREEN PROTECTORS YOU CAN POSSIBLY BUY FOR THIS PHONE. If you would have purchased the ones in the link I posted, you would have gotten the correct ones and saw that they are the EXACT same as the seidio screen protector. DON'T PURCHASE TH EZGUARD ONES!!!

scarrz

Reaction score
I might give those a try they are certainly cheaper than the Seidio. Yes, had I seen your post earlier I would have saved some money but I ordered the Ez Guards a while back. Thx.

Did you order the ones in the link I posted? The EXACT ones? If so, I have no idea what you are talking about. Side by side the seidio screen protector and those ones in the ebay link look and feel the exact same.

EDIT: Just noticed you got the EZGUARD screen protectors. Those are the WORST SCREEN PROTECTORS YOU CAN POSSIBLY BUY FOR THIS PHONE. If you would have purchased the ones in the link I posted, you would have gotten the correct ones and saw that they are the EXACT same as the seidio screen protector. DON'T PURCHASE TH EZGUARD ONES!!!

jrl9851

Reaction score
Yeah the ezguard protectors were just plain crap. I can't believe people even put those on their phone. I left the guy a negative feedback and they emailed me saying the would give me a refund if I changed the negative to a positive, so I did. So then I ordered the ones in the link I posted, and they were the EXACT same as the seidio protectors.

Just stay away from the ezguard ones.

Rocky

Reaction score
I just received my Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for the Motorola Droid recently and was really excited to see how it compares with other screen protectors. I've used the Zagg screen protectors before and hate the soft feel and the orange peel effect.

The screen protector comes in a plastic sleeve with an instruction card and is mounted on a thick piece of plastic. It was nice of Seidio to put the screen protector on a piece of plastic that was bigger than the screen protector because with many other brands it is difficult to figure out which piece is the screen protector. Following the instructions I was able to put on the screen protector in 10 seconds without the use of a credit card. I had a few tiny air bubble but I was able to get them out by rubbing the screen with a cloth. The screen protector covers the entire screen including the buttons on the bottom and sensors on top. I did notice that the screen protector was slightly short from covering the entire screen which caused the ear piece hole to be slightly off. It is impossible to tell that the screen protector is on unless you look closely at the edges. Although it is not stated to be fingerprint resistant, I found it harder to get fingerprints and smudges on it compared to a naked screen. I tried sending some text messages, surfing the web, and making phone calls with the screen protector and completely forgot I had it on there. There was no interference with touch screen or the sensors.

I'll subscribe to this thread just to remember what kind of screen protector to try next, when I need one. I just got Zagg's, since I saw it advertised here. I've gone over two Verizon's screen protectors and they get scratched easily.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Rocky