Searching for answers to my few problems...

dumpyloser

Reaction score
I'll put this here because I'm hoping an application rather than a hack will help my situation....

My least favorite things about the droid:motdroidvert: are that the accelerometer doesn't work on the home screen... (if the keyboard is open it's landscape, if it is closed, its portrait) and the other least favorite is how the phone wakes up.....

1.)Are there any apps (or possibly hacks) that would allow me to get my homescreen to turn with my accel like all the apps do...? (and not have anything to do with the keyboard). I guess this is a big deal to me because I could care less about the physical keyboard 90% of the time. I came from the BB Storm and it is all touch screen so I forget that I have access to a keyboard most of the time anyways. I have swype and I type faster on it, so I'd rather the phone just go into landscape when I turn it that way instead of having to rely on the keyboard being opened. (apps pick up this movement, but the homescreen doesn't)

2.)Are there any apps to allow me to either wake up the phone by long pressing on the screen (I'm guessing this doesn't exist, but worth asking) or atleast some way to keep the phone from "locking". The swype to unlock is cool and all, but it's a waste of time for me as I have a case and holster that won't allow any buttons to be pushed and I have no need for it to be locked. If I could get it to just turn on when I hit the button, I'd be satisfied.

3.) While I'm at it I'll go for a 3rd request. I'm giving my home screens (7) specific uses... I have one for HOME that is my main icons and calender widget, then I have Music, Weather, and app screens, and the one I'm working on now is a navigation screen. It will have Car home, Google Earth, Maps, Where, Gps Speedo, etc. etc. but Something i thought would be cool to add is a compass widget. Almost like the live wallpaper but just a widget that is always there pointing me on my way. and I can arrange my icons around it.

Thanks in advance for any help1

OP
D

dumpyloser

Reaction score
After using both, I recommend downloading the lite APK from the link on that thread instead of the one in the market.

Reaction score
Yeah, for me it's settings, sound and display, orientation.

This works for me.. should work for you

well.. it used to at least

Sleeve

Reaction score
One certain method to get a rotating home screen is to root with DroidMod. I've never used any home replacements so I don't know if any of those can without rooting.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. use any home replacement, i'm fairly certain they all give you the ability to rotate the home screen with the accelerometer. i know Home++ does.

2. MyLock is your friend. ;)

3. not sure about a compass widget, but there is an app in the market, though it's not that reliable i think..

OP
D

dumpyloser

Reaction score
Nevermind i figured it out again..

1. and 2. accomplished... the compass widget would top the cake :) Thanks for your help guys!