Search history

nivensid

Reaction score
Is there a way to clear the search history I have when searching for aps catagories to install? Kep it simple if possible...new user here

JimmyD

Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!

You mentioned "aps categories"... so are you asking how to clear out the search history in the Android Market?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hmmm... I was afraid that's what you meant! :p

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is currently a way to clear out the search history in the Android Market. :(

Maybe this will be changed with Froyo (the new v2.2 os for Android)?

Sorry I can't help you.

Ej4

Reaction score
This is available in froyo, or atleast the leaked version.

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Market -> Clear Data or Clear Cache, forget which one did it.

OP
N

nivensid

Reaction score
found it on another thread here it is
Is the Market Search History annoying you? It has annoyed tons of people and up until now there was no way to delete it!! You will love me for finding this!

I have found an app that will delete it easily and it actually works!!

It is called HistoryEraser and is a FREE app in the Market. Just do a search for "HistoryEraser".

WARNING: DO NOT download MarketHistoryEraser. It is for 1.5 users only. Make sure the one you are downloading is HistoryEraser.

You can check out the page on AppBrain here: HistoryEraser - Android app on AppBrain

Also please make sure you dont go into the contacts section. I wouldn't want any of you deleting your contacts!

You can find the section to clear market history under the Google apps [beta] section within the app.

Worked like a charm....thanks....