SD Card? moving stuff to it!

mindytyson3

Reaction score
ok i know how to move the apps to the SD Card but how do you move pictures and videos to it? i took a picture last night and did not see any options to put it there or move it there. i have tried to do all kinds of stuff and can't figure out how to do it! please help. thanks.

pool_shark

Reaction score
ok i know how to move the apps to the SD Card but how do you move pictures and videos to it? i took a picture last night and did not see any options to put it there or move it there. i have tried to do all kinds of stuff and can't figure out how to do it! please help. thanks.

If I'm not mistaken taking a pic automatically goes to your SD card. Check the DCIM folder.
Or have you rooted and now things are different?

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
yes apparently it does! thanks you helped alot! oh got another question, it says i have 6 pictures on there and there are like in the gallery there are camera roll folder, folders, all photos, and all videos folders. the camera roll, folders, and all photos have the same photos in it. is there a way to just have one folder for all photos instead of it making three different ones with the same pictures in it? thanks again!

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't think so. If you have a lot of pics like I do, it's trying to give you better organization. If you have pictures in several folders, you can go to that folder and find the ones you want. If you just want to see pics you've taken with the camera you can go to camera roll. If you don't know where the pic is you can go to all pictures.

I don't really like that either.

BTW, if you move pics around and go to the gallery, you may not see the pics because the gallery doesn't refresh very quickly.
I use SDrescan (free in the Market). It rescans your SD card which forces the gallery to refresh.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
ok thanks i guess i won't delete nothing then. i am scared to delete a picture in one folder and it mess up and delete all of the same picture. i have multiple pictures in all the folders that are the same picture so not sure what to do about that. i guess i will just leave them there. thanks again.

pool_shark

Reaction score
ok thanks i guess i won't delete nothing then. i am scared to delete a picture in one folder and it mess up and delete all of the same picture. i have multiple pictures in all the folders that are the same picture so not sure what to do about that. i guess i will just leave them there. thanks again.

If you actually have multiple copies of the same picture you can delete the copies with the files app. Just find the location of the copies and delete them.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
well i tried deleting all 6 in one folder and of course like i thought it deleted even the multiple ones too! gosh im so mad! now i can't get them back!:mad:

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
push the menu button and then settings then click on applications, then click manage applications. click on one and it will have on there move to sd card if it can be moved.

pool_shark

Reaction score
well i tried deleting all 6 in one folder and of course like i thought it deleted even the multiple ones too! gosh im so mad! now i can't get them back!:mad:

I don't understand. If you used the files app, you would have navigated to the SDcard and looked in various folders for pictures. I have a folder for wallpaper, random pics, pets, friends/family, etc.
The gallery will show you all if you choose all pictures, or if you choose all folders it will show you the various folders you where you have stored pictures. If the folders view only showed you multiple folders and you looked in those folders and found duplicate pics you would have only needed to delete the dupes not all of them.

You could have moved them to a specific folder too.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
its fine i thank you for helping me. i actually thought a little bit harder and remembered i have the pictures on my bigger laptop at home so no problems at all. i can just put them back on my phone and not do that anymore...ha. thanks.