SD card mess

viscerebral

Reaction score
hello all. I have a moto droid running ss 4.4 w/chevy's lv 1G. i also went to root on day 3 and had no plan for staying organized on my sd as far as files, roms, kernels etc went and have a VERY disorganized mess on my hands. What I would like to do is to downgrade to 2.1 root and clean my sd card to stock and then cleanly build up to SS 4.5 from there backing up as i go. should i format my sd card? what files are on a stock sd card image? if i format, will my droid repopulate the missing files? am i going about this correctly? any help is very appreciated, i'll check back in the morning.

thanks, tony

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
If you want to clean up your sdcard, just plug it into your computer, mount it as storage and it will show up as a removable drive. You can delete, cut, paste or what ever you want with the files. No need to unroot your phone. HOWEVER, if you just reformat it in the phone, you may well not be able to boot your phone up as it will NOT repopulate the files, and some of them may be needed depending on what apps are on your phone.

good luck.

OP
V

viscerebral

Reaction score
Thanks, but I still need to know what is on my stock card before I do start removing stuff. Any suggestions? does anybody have a stock card image on hand?

ChugIt

Reaction score
I always format using the phone AND the PC after that to make sure. Your apps are synced to your Gmail now. Save mp3s, music, pictures, etc. To PC and format then put the files you want back on. The phone boots up fine. I format my SD monthly to keep it clean and fresh.

OP
V

viscerebral

Reaction score
So I don't need to worry about the .android_secure or Android/data folders? Where did they come from to begin with? Do I just copy pste them back in?

ChugIt

Reaction score
Nah, all the important stuff is in the system within the phone itself. You can view them with root manager. Never mess with that stuff unless you know what you're doing. Just save what you need and format the SD card, then put your files back. It will be as if you bought a new SD card, no different.

Just make sure you have a backup then just restore. I've done it 444 times.