screen loose?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not sure if this is normal or not. But if I push down on the screen by the sides it moves.

You wouldn't really notice it unless you went to the bottom and pushed. It isn't elevated enough for the screen to be ripped off or anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brandon9559

Reaction score
I would have to say that it is probably not normal for it to do that.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how the screen is attached, but I also noticed the other day that if I press down firmly on the very edge of the glass screen I notice that the glass depresses slightly, but the metal edging around the outside does not. It's very subtle, not like it's "loose" or anything. Evidently that famous "lint gap" between the glass and the metal edging has no direct seal. It must be anchored underneath somewhere, but it looks to me like it's not sealed/secured right there at the surface.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe they were thinking of have a surepress screen >_> and then decided that was a really bad idea.

I haven't noticed it on my phone, but I have a case and screen shield...

brandon9559

Reaction score
That lint gap is a pain...or my pockets are extra linty

brandon9559

Reaction score
Ha...ill pass that along to the wife

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Sounds like it's normal.

I have to say I know this is gorilla glass but it feels like plastic.

johnd09

Reaction score
Most of the time the glass on phones is glued to the lcd. Don't thing they are attached anywhere else.

Sent from a BAMF'd 'bolt using Droid Forums

nitrap

Reaction score
Mine seems rock solid. But coming from a Storm 2, nowhere to go but up :). Seriously, my Bionic seems very well built.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
This is not normal. Yours and everyones should be solidly built and glued like mine. I recommend warranty replacement.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I may check a display model and see. Got my phone from LetsTalk. So it would be a PITA to return it. Mailing it and all that stuff.

entcee

Reaction score
The bottom right corner of my screen comes up pretty far. So far that the phone would rest on the screen if layed face down.

If I push the corner down, it stays down for a minute or 2 and then raises back up like they did not use enough adhesive in that corner.

I am just going to wait to take it back to Verizon unless it gets really bad. I would hate to have to re-setup the phone from scratch.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The bottom right corner of my screen comes up pretty far. So far that the phone would rest on the screen if layed face down.

If I push the corner down, it stays down for a minute or 2 and then raises back up like they did not use enough adhesive in that corner.

I am just going to wait to take it back to Verizon unless it gets really bad. I would hate to have to re-setup the phone from scratch.

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Spend the money for my backup on the market and make sure you keep your sd card

A screen like that will only get worse

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

entcee

Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Spend the money for my backup on the market and make sure you keep your sd card

A screen like that will only get worse

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

No need for my backup... all contacts are synced with gmail.

The phone has a year warranty... why rush?