Screen freezes after time-out

wonlee

Reaction score
I beliebe that it happened after you download some application right?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
no....i'm running a Sensor test right now. It may be an issue with the sensor. A factory reset wont fix that...

I'll run test and let you know what it comes up with

appirishmen

Reaction score
i can say ive never had this problem. the only thing close is that when under the navigation, i received a call and the nav talked all through the call. annoying but ok.

wonlee

Reaction score
no, it's not sensor, I thought that too at first time. trust me, it's not hardware issue. it's application issue. When I was in verizon store, they tech. guy told me that many people have same problem Droid. I think, they will come out something soon.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok so the proximity Sensor is working ok......

I think it's The Advanced Task Killer that is doing it....

I've been experimenting with the OS and let it run all by itself......

Installed ATK because I hear it MAY be causing issues. So being the experimenter that I am I wanted to see if it would create problems as some have suggested.

I'm deleting again. Let this be a warning. ATK does in fact cause problems this is the only app that I reinstalled and it created the problem.

This is why I installed it to see if it were in fact true....here's the post.

it went black and would not respond to anything, including unlock then you should return it for a replacement. It's not normal for this to happen and it is defective.
I'd also like to repeat my caution about using app killer applications. It's not helpful and could be causing some of these problems.

wonlee

Reaction score
no, even you deleted all application, it will be have same problem unless you reset. it will be still remain your phone even you deleted all application.
and I don't think it's The Advanced Task Killer. because I have that one in the begging. I start my problem after I installed some free game. so I sugest reset the phone. it take only 5 minute, if you are afrid to reset the phone?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have no apps on my phone except barcode scanner, shazam, and bump.

Problem happened when I installed ATK......

I'm going to run another test on it right now. I will use the phone for 20+ minutes and see if it happens again.

Last resort will be factory reset

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok so here is the deal. Called up another line for 30 minutes and left the Proximity sensor covered.

Disconnected from call and the phone was fine.

The ONLY new app I installed was the Advanced Task Killer and the problem came up.

Won you have the app as well I noticed. So it may not exhibit the problem right away but I'd be willing to bet it will return somewhere down the line.

I ran the Sensor Test and my phone passed so that is a definite rule out.

I would advise anybody stumbling upon this thread to use ATK at their own risk.

theecigarman

Reaction score
Ok Guys, I have had the droid two days now. I have had extensive amount of phone calls over 30 mins each. (an additional battery may be in the works soon ;) ) Each time I have had calls over 30 mins, I get the non response from the screen, buttons light up and I wait about a minute. The screen comes back after that. The only apps I have are a wifi manager and listen for podcast streaming. I believe cereal, it might be a sensor issue. I don't have ATK and can consistently recreate the issue. I will keep ya posted.......

BTW, Cereal, what sensor test are you running?

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's called Sensor Test...you get it from the market place.

Scroll down to bottom and under sensor the numbers should read

2.14xxxxxx while uncovered

3.0 when you cover the sensor.

your phone is fine btw.....the real issue is when the phone is unresponsive to anything. Screen goes dark and the bottom row of keys will light up but you can't get the device to respond. The only way is a battery pull

theecigarman

Reaction score
thanks for the info! I just dl'd Sensor test and it shows the same results that you state.

thank you for confirming that my droid is fine, I thought it was, but was shocked at the length of time for the screen to respond after an extensive call.

Looking at some of the information that Sensor Test offers, I did notice that it registers temperature of the device, maybe extensive time on a call increases the temp and causes a slow response? That would make sense to me about the device not being responsive....

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
thanks for the info! I just dl'd Sensor test and it shows the same results that you state.

thank you for confirming that my droid is fine, I thought it was, but was shocked at the length of time for the screen to respond after an extensive call.

you may want to turn off the auto dimming feature...that should fix the problem you are having.

bacalao

Reaction score
I'm glad we have several people working on this. I do have ATK, and I will uninstall, I hardly use it anyway (because of the cases of OCD we heard of earlier haha). If I continue to have that problem, than I will post again or reset. Last night I talked on the phone twice for a little under 20 minutes and I was pulling phone away from my face every few minutes to keep the screen on its toes. May have helped, but like I said before, my Droid froze like that when I was multitasking and talked on the phone for awhile. Otherwise, DROID = AWESOME

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yeah it's something to monitor. I will do some more research and see if there are any solutions or if this is caused by faulty proximity sensors or the ATK.

Interesting to say the least. Bugs : )