Sbf files?? Are there any and are we even close?!

bullswife98

Reaction score
As the title says has anyone found a way to get this yet? Want to root my phone and put an awesome rom on her but I refuse to do anything till someone has a sbf for the Razr. Anybody?!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

B-RAN

Reaction score
Hi there... there is nothing out yet, but there is a safestrap availalbe for the Razr. It makes a backup of your phone on one boot (non-safe mode) and allows you to install a ROM on another boot (safe mode). You will always boot into this so if for some reason you mess something up and bootloop you can boot back into safestrap and restore your non-safe mode.
As far as rooting, I was a little nervous at first but I have rooted and unrooted a handful of times and all is good. There are several quick and easy one click root methods that you'd have to really mess it up to brick your phone doing. In my opinion anyway! Good Luck!
[Recovery] Droid Razr Safestrap - Boot Into 2 Different Systems On 1 Razr! - DroidRzr.com

Last edited:

Gmodprince

Reaction score
Fastboot files on xda yes verizon go get it!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
This is very good news :yahoo:dancedroid:rating10::yahoo::rating10:dancedroid:yahoo:

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Woot! Woot!! Thank you developers and who ever released the fastboot files!

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Woot! Woot!! Thank you developers and who ever released the fastboot files!

Dang you beat me to root? Lmao! I happy too we have fast boot( I call SBF ) we are free to go NUTS!!!!!!!! SO what are you running bulls wife? Btw..all of you should check out droidrzr.com for Razr exclusive site/forum for us Razr enthusiasts and as well as addicts of flashing etc...my turn to turn this into a rocket! Lol peace!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Dang you beat me to root? Lmao! I happy too we have fast boot( I call SBF ) we are free to go NUTS!!!!!!!! SO what are you running bulls wife? Btw..all of you should check out droidrzr.com for Razr exclusive site/forum for us Razr enthusiasts and as well as addicts of flashing etc...my turn to turn this into a rocket! Lol peace!

Peace!

Haha too funny! Been a member over there since a little before launch day. Not running a rom on her yet waiting to have the pick of the pot...ie a little more variety and stability hell honestly more like ICS. Yeah! Have froze some apps that's about it atm what about you?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha too funny! Been a member over there since a little before launch day. Not running a rom on her yet waiting to have the pick of the pot...ie a little more variety and stability hell honestly more like ICS. Yeah! Have froze some apps that's about it atm what about you?

Dont laugh...lol none of my buddies can even believe I'm STILL stock...lmao. but its all good. Like you I'm awaiting some settling and a ROM worthy of my third child's first flash.lol I'm going to go ahead and update my RSDlite and ad the fast boot so I have it on standby.. waiting till day after tomorrow to root. Need a day off and i was also trying really hard to let the phone get its last update fix. Well not last but patch..lol You know what i mean! Lol I will keep you posted. Been working so much since I got the Razr. Lol anyway I'm stoked and may jump on the root tomorrow night! Titanium has been waiting for me as that was my favorite app on my other devices..lol peace!

Peace!

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Yeah I have it loaded as well as fastboot files too once I found it on xda. Its tucked away for safe keeping lol. Just waiting for more love out there rom wise (patience is a virtue) I know it takes time. No hurry. Rooting her was as easy as the OG Droid used doomloards method and 10 minutes later rooted,TBackup & a little experiment with some freezing of bloatware (never uninstalled anything... taboo!) Which recovery are ya going to use? I had razrbootstrap before the patch and had re-rooted and now have safestrap curious as to what your going with and why?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have it loaded as well as fastboot files too once I found it on xda. Its tucked away for safe keeping lol. Just waiting for more love out there rom wise (patience is a virtue) I know it takes time. No hurry. Rooting her was as easy as the OG Droid used doomloards method and 10 minutes later rooted,TBackup & a little experiment with some freezing of bloatware (never uninstalled anything... taboo!) Which recovery are ya going to use? I had razrbootstrap before the patch and had re-rooted and now have safestrap curious as to what your going with and why?

Honestly i haven't searched much into it with the Razr. Trying to get a day off. Lol I've always liked CWM but flashing bootstrap and doing all my flashes manually in CWM! Idk though I think there area few others that may work but not sure with this device yet.

Peace!

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Only two that I know of atm are DT's safestrap and Nitro's cwm with recovery (check XDA's forums for sure) either one works perfectly I had tried both probably sticking to safestrap sincebi can switch back and forth between stock and rommed. When ya get time off lol there'ssome good reads.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only two that I know of atm are DT's safestrap and Nitro's cwm with recovery (check XDA's forums for sure) either one works perfectly I had tried both probably sticking to safestrap sincebi can switch back and forth between stock and rommed. When ya get time off lol there'ssome good reads.

Thanks again of course! Time for me to prepare some quiet time before work. Thanks again and ttyl! Peace!
Edit..I will let you know when I root. Hopefully tomorrow and i would like to start a thread too about posting what ROM and theme everyone is running and how their experience is..Thanks again! Time for sleep. Later!:)
Peace!

Last edited: