When can we have an SBF file for Verizon Razr

bullswife98

Reaction score
The above title says it all.. when are we gonna see a sbf file!? I refuse to root w/o a way back. There's gotta be something out there with someone able to do this. We need a safety net.

Anybody????

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Didn't realize that was so hard to do. Bionic, Thunderbolt, Droid X etc.. have it I know its still fairly new but we can achieve root but no sbf?! Really?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

ammiller

Reaction score
The SBF is not something that is "created". All those phones that you mentioned all had SBF files that were leaked. The SBF is the original file that the manufacturer uses. Kinda like your windows CD. In order for the community to have it, it typically has to be distributed by Google (for Nexus phones) or leaked somehow from the phone manaufacturer. I know when I had the Droid X, we always had to wait for TBH to somehow get and SBF leak. We have to be thankful for the Dev community and the fact that they even provide us with Root. However, we can't blame them for something they have virtually no control over. It's like blaming Google (when you use Chrome browser) for not providing you with a copy of Windows when you need to get that from Microsoft.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
The SBF is not something that is "created". All those phones that you mentioned all had SBF files that were leaked. The SBF is the original file that the manufacturer uses. Kinda like your windows CD. In order for the community to have it, it typically has to be distributed by Google (for Nexus phones) or leaked somehow from the phone manaufacturer. I know when I had the Droid X, we always had to wait for TBH to somehow get and SBF leak. We have to be thankful for the Dev community and the fact that they even provide us with Root. However, we can't blame them for something they have virtually no control over. It's like blaming Google (when you use Chrome browser) for not providing you with a copy of Windows when you need to get that from Microsoft.

I'm not blaming by far they are very talented developers and I donate to them when I can also am very thankful for what has been achieved so far! Ill be patient and wait no worries. Thanks for the reply and info. I have a little better understanding of the process now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

ammiller

Reaction score
It's annoying. Coming from the OG Droid where everything was open and life was awesome, it's a major PITA. If the manufacturers would just get their heads out of their butts, life would be better, but we just got sit and wait for some (insert whatever prick-like word you like here) to decide to release the file. It's jus a pain in the mean time because there is no way to do a format (sbf) without the windows CD, haha. You can copy all the windows files you want, but it's really hard to start from scratch without the original installation disk.

Edit: Hence why I went through 2 Motorola devices before deciding that it wasn't worth it and bought a Google phone.

Last edited: