SBF File

riddlebox420

Reaction score
any news on the sbf file leak just wondering wanting to root my d4 but want to have a way to get it back just in case. and I wonder if there is a file on the phone for the boot loader that can be found in PC mode of the USB debugging to were it would give the lock on it and all you would have to do is find the right numeric code to unlock it

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

LaughDonor

Reaction score
No SBF yet... but I can tell you that there's no harm in rooting your phone. It's what you decide to do afterwards that you could brick your phone.. like messing with files in the system without knowing what you're doing.

OP
riddlebox420

riddlebox420

Reaction score
I wasn't going to try looking for the file for the boot loader it was just a thought that I had to a way to unlock it possibly that's all. and your sure the root method won't brick my phone

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

LaughDonor

Reaction score
I'm certain. I've rooted my D2, and 2 D4's without issues. Devs these days are able to get one-click solutions out there. Just stick to popular apps (which require root) like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Tasker, Juice Defender, your choice of a home replacement, and you'll be fine. If you really want to be careful, just watch for experimental apps/features. I'm also waiting for Bootstrap/Safestrap to come out before I go all crazy with my phone.

OP
riddlebox420

riddlebox420

Reaction score
dancedroidwell just rooted it took a total of 2-3min i just wish i could uninstall those apps that i will never use instead of freezing them though

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
dancedroidwell just rooted it took a total of 2-3min i just wish i could uninstall those apps that i will never use instead of freezing them though
well you can delete em ... just dont delete anything blur related or any authenticators. i uploaded a dump so you can just push them into the /system/app with rw--r--r... it worked for me.
btw i deleteded like all the vzw apps, social apps, messing and email from blur, the stock clock, the launcher, and all music apps. i installed asop email 2.3.4,alarm clock 2.0.2, car home 2.2.1.2 sms 2.3.3 music 2.3.3 and adw launcher from the market are all confirmed to work on a stock d4. most of em i got from cm 7.0.3

d4 dump
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-hacks/198775-droid-4-dump.html

reichbc

Reaction score
you guys are going to need those apps if any OTA updates come out. If any of the extra VZW bloatware, stuff you cant remove in the system's Applications manager, etc is gone, the phone won't accept OTA updates.

At least that's what I'm told.

I suggest freezing... look in the Market for Root Toolbox from jrummy. it's free and paid, and the paid is worth the money. Not sure if you can freeze on the free (bought it right away) but it's better than straight up removal.