.sbf issue - need advice

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by crg31953, Dec 10, 2010.

1. crg31953

crg31953 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First, the facts, I'm running a Windows 7,64 bit pc. I'm using RSD Lite 4.9, and the most current driver I'm aware of 4.7.1.

I was able to sbf when I was using VZW 2.2.20 with no problem. I recieved the ota update to 2.3.20 and assuming everything would still work, reinstalled Squidlys rom, currently 2.3.20.1 and love it.

The issue is when I went to test the .sbf for 2.3.20, I now get a flash fail error. I'm trying to flash with my D2 in boot loader, usb debugging is on and the error log for RSD shows this,

17:14:18, December 09, 2010
    Line: 868
    ERROR: \\?\c:\users\chuck\documents\vrz_a955_2.3.20_1ff_01.sbftèá contains an invalid path.
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp
    17:14:18, December 09, 2010
    Line: 552
    ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
    Device ID: 0

Any help or advice would be appreciated, I do know how important sbf capabilities are if drastic things happen. Thanks

2. Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are two different sbfs for the droid 2 which are the 2.2.2 sbf and the 2.3.2 sbf if you received the 2.3.2 ota then the 2.2.2 sbf will only brick your phone you must use the 2.3.2 sbf. set it on the root of your C:drive then flash it from there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. holmes6

holmes6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. crg31953

crg31953 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to flash VZW_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf and it seems no matter where I place the file on my pc I still get the same error. Any other suggestions?

5. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is the exact sbf I used with rsd light to flash to my Droid 2. Off the top of my head I would suggest that you delete the sbf off you computer and re download it. I had a bad copy of the 2.2 sbf and had similar difficulty until I re downloaded it.

6. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't get RSD Lite to work on my Windows 7 65 bit machine. Loaded all on XP machine and flashed without problem. Just my 2 cents.

7. Jaxidian

Jaxidian Team FreeMyMoto
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    This is usually because you have the wrong driver installed. The default download page gives you a link that says is for both 32 and 64 but. It lies. Go get the real 64 bit driver and you're all set.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

8. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thans for the reply. I will give the driver download a try. I thought I had the 64 bit drivers, but it is possible that I don't have the correct drivers.

9. crg31953

crg31953 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver (4.8.0) and I'm still having the same issue? The phone is recognized the .sbf is recognized and I still get a flash process failed. The same error log in RSD about an invalid path.
    I'm not sure why it would work for the 2.2.20 sbf and not this one. I'm trying to flash right into bootloader, it should work?? HELP!!

10. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look, I have been worried about this. I flashed that sbf with RSD lit 4.7. I am attaching that zip file here. See if you have any luck with using it. Uninstall the 4.9 first. I know I saw something that said you have to use 4.9 but I saw that after I was into my flash. It worked fine. I then downloaded 4.9. I am glad I kept a copy of 4.7 on my external hard drive. If this does not work, I still say redownload the sbf file.

11. aeidian

aeidian New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too had issues with this. I was using darkonion's guide over on xda, but the link for the .sbf was invalid. I got my .sbf from here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/11/01...2-3-20-update/

Used RDS 4.8 to put it back on the phone. One thing of note that (might) have caused me issue, make sure you're rooted first. I did his 1click unroot first thinking I should do that then flash the .sbf and it kicked errors. Redid root with the 1click method and followed the guide and it seemed to work fine.

12. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page
motorola a955 failes rsd flash

motorola droid 3 usb host