SBF Errors

biknut1

Reaction score
Just SBF'ed my phone again, trying to get back to stock so I can start over adding one thing at a time to find out what's eating my battery. Just finished it, and I have no network connection. I'm sure this has something to do with the latest update, but not sure how to work around it.

First I ran GRD's D2G.2.4.330.Deodex.Root.Busybox2.4.29apks.zip. Then I immediately ran SBF trying to get as close to stock as possible.

Right now I can't make a call. When I go into Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode I can select Global, CDMA, or GSM. But there is no network showing in the Notifications Bar with any of them.

When I go into Settings>About Phone>System Updates I get nothing, because I do not have a connection to search for it.

Can someone give me some direction here, please? Should I run GRD's .zip again to get the update on my phone?

Thanks!

>EDIT< Tried reflashing GRD's file again, no luck. Tried SBF again, boot loop @ DROID & Red Eye. Starting to become concerned here- not sure what to try next. Suggestions????

>RE-EDIT< Ran SBF one more time trying to get back to stock enough to take back to Verizon. Boot-looped again, but I pulled the battery. Reinstalled it, went into recovery, wiped data/cache, re-booted. Booted up stock again. I selected NOT to sync with Google this time, and the phone went back to complete stock. Right now it is downloading all the apps (even the root apps) I had before, but the activation call went through this time. Seems to be working well @ stock. Will play with it again tomorrow.

Last edited:

chrisl20

Reaction score
Did you activate your phone? *228...if it says" hit one to make a collect call, 2 to put minutes on phone with credit card.." ..then that's what happened to me...I had to call customer service from a land line...basicly all she had me do was a battery pull for 30 seconds and turn it on and try it again...idk if she did something to put it in activation mode or something...but...I hope this helps, goodluck man

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
Errors

Did you activate your phone? *228...if it says" hit one to make a collect call, 2 to put minutes on phone with credit card.." ..then that's what happened to me...I had to call customer service from a land line...basicly all she had me do was a battery pull for 30 seconds and turn it on and try it again...idk if she did something to put it in activation mode or something...but...I hope this helps, goodluck man

I can get into the setup but the phone can't make the phone call to activate itself.