Samsung's Galaxy S8 May Be Unveiled At New York Event In April.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The upcoming Galaxy S8 may be the most leaked smartphone ever despite all the threats from Samsung execs to terminate those found out to be leaking out information. We are used to seeing the "unpacking" of the Galaxy S lineup near the time of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It has been thought that the release of the S8 would be delayed while Samsung figured out the cause of the Galaxy Note 7 battery issues. It is being reported that Samsung does now know the cause, but by now the damage in regards to the release cycle may already be done.

Sources are reporting that Samsung my be skipping MWC altogether in favor of their own standalone event. This would allow Samsung more time and of course more spotlight to announce what will be their new game changing device for 2017. The event is expected to happen in New York in April. This would be pretty late for Samsung. Last year the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were announced during the last week of February and the phones were made available for purchase just a few weeks later on March 11. Samsung is expected to roll out a major design overhaul in the Galaxy S8. This along with the focus on their public image lines up with the later release. What are your thoughts? Do you think Samsung will be more aggressive and keep up with their normal release cycle, or do you think they will focus more on making everything perfect for a slightly later release? What should they do?

via Naver

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
I look forward to the official announcement. I hope it will be even better than the excellent S7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 5 galaxy note 8 prix

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Personally, I'm glad I didn't hold out for the S8. Between the lack of 3.5mm headphone jack, the removal of the home button, a higher resolution screen (which will likely make overall battery life plummet) and an even thinner device, seems like Samsung does this every 2 years by making drastic changes in an effort to see what sticks. My S7E will tide me over until the S9.

S7 Edge tap'n