Samsung Shares Jelly Bean Update Device Roadmap (Without Details)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jelly-Bean-updates-for-samsung.jpeg

It's not much, but Samsung just shared their device roadmap for Jelly Bean updates. The reason why we say it isn't much is because all it includes is the devices that will get Android 4.1, and doesn't include any other details, (like dates). Still, it's best to appreciate what we do have, and at least we now know which devices will get it. The info supposedly came from Samsung in an email. Here's the list:
  • GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 & 10.1
  • GALAXY Note 10.1
  • GALAXY SII
  • GALAXY Note
  • GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus
  • GALAXY S Advance
  • GALAXY SII LTE
  • GALAXY Music
  • GALAXY Chat
  • GALAXY Ace 2
  • GALAXY Beam
  • GALAXY Ace Plus
  • GALAXY mini II
  • GALAXY S DUOS
It's obvious that some of the devices they already confirmed to get Jelly Bean are not on this list, like the SGS3 and the Galaxy Note II. Can you guys see any other notable devices missing from this list?

Source: S3Forums via TheVerge

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jelly-Bean-updates-for-samsung.jpeg

It's not much, but Samsung just shared their device roadmap for Jelly Bean updates. The reason why we say it isn't much is because all it includes is the devices that will get Android 4.1, and doesn't include any other details, (like dates). Still, it's best to appreciate what we do have, and at least we now know which devices will get it. The info supposedly came from Samsung in an email. Here's the list:
  • GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 & 10.1
  • GALAXY Note 10.1
  • GALAXY SII
  • GALAXY Note
  • GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus
  • GALAXY S Advance
  • GALAXY SII LTE
  • GALAXY Music
  • GALAXY Chat
  • GALAXY Ace 2
  • GALAXY Beam
  • GALAXY Ace Plus
  • GALAXY mini II
  • GALAXY S DUOS
It's obvious that some of the devices they already confirmed to get Jelly Bean are not on this list, like the SGS3 and the Galaxy Note II. Can you guys see any other notable devices missing from this list?

Source: S3Forums via TheVerge
I'm hoping its not long,since the Nexus just got it.Not long,meaning Nov.:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pizza3

Reaction score
Missing

I just happen to note that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is listed. I kept looking for the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 which some of us have and use daily. I must admit I don't know what benefits I will be missing. I can't say I noticed any real big changes going tp 4.04 from 3.2. I could be mistaken. I was once.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just happen to note that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is listed. I kept looking for the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 which some of us have and use daily. I must admit I don't know what benefits I will be missing. I can't say I noticed any real big changes going tp 4.04 from 3.2. I could be mistaken. I was once.
What was your deal,the day you were wrong? :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

paulyjsob

Reaction score
I hope the Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets it. I love the ICS update. Much better battery and faster. I just got Jelly Bean on my Nexus and its a nice touch.

pizza3

Reaction score
I didn't say I was "wrong". I said I was "mistaken". I hate to admit it but to be totally honest I thought the Yankees would win at least one game in the 1976 World Series. How foolish I feel now. But to get back OT I don't see why Sammy would update the iPad clone, er.. I mean Galaxy 10.1. What would be in it for them. At the same time if Mr. Sung is updating the Tab 2 10.1 how much more could it cost to throw in my humble Galaxy 10.1 as well. By arguing both sides of an issue I am always "right". If you're "right" then ipso facto you can't be "wrong".