Samsung Galaxy S7 Specs and Schematics Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exclusive-Galaxy-S7-Leak-Shai-Mizrachi.jpg

Here's an awesome followup to our story earlier regarding the latest rumors of the Samsung Galaxy S7. This one not only confirms part of that earlier report, by showing off schematics. It also, shares new hardware internal specs details for both variants of the forthcoming Sammy flagship.

Above you can see the leaked schematics confirming the size characteristics (and the idea that there will only be two initial models). Below we have a quote with a breakdown of specs:

"GALAXY S7 SPECS
  • 5.2-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 820 CPU (USA, China) / Exynos 8890 (Europe, Asia)
  • 4GB RAM
  • 32GB / 64GB, expandable storage on Galaxy S7 only.
  • 20MP Sony IMX300 camera with OIS, phase detection auto focus, 1µm pixel size
  • LTE Cat 12 (600Mbps downlink)
GALAXY S7 EDGE SPECS
  • 5.5-inch dual-curved Quad HD Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 820 CPU (USA, China) / Exynos 8890 (Europe, Asia)
  • 4GB RAM
  • 32GB / 64GB, no expandable storage.
  • 20MP Sony IMX300 camera with OIS, phase detection auto focus, 1µm pixel size
  • LTE Cat 12 (600Mbps downlink)"
We expect Samsung to either announce these devices on or near Mobile World Congress 2016 in February. We will keep an eye out for any further confirmation of this intel.

Don't forget to drop by our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S7 series section: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Plus, S7 Edge & S7 Edge Plus | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: AndroidAuthority

Gremlin

Reaction score
I am assuming expandable storage means they are bring back sdcard back and just on the S7?? Not on the Edge?

I guess to save battery I guess. I am hoping Note 6 comes with one..

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
That is just silly....The two phones are basically the same. Why would they have expandable memory on one and not the other? Correct me if I am wrong but are the bodies identical on both?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That is just silly....The two phones are basically the same. Why would they have expandable memory on one and not the other? Correct me if I am wrong but are the bodies identical on both?
My guess is the Edge has curved glass edges and would be difficult to have an SD slot on sides. I don't think you are able to open the unit either, but may be wrong about that..

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
My guess is the Edge has curved glass edges and would be difficult to have an SD slot on sides. I don't think you are able to open the unit either, but may be wrong about that..
That makes sense...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why does Samsung do much of what they do? The Chinese think very long term in their decisions but dad burn if I can figure what Samsung , LG and other Korean based companies are thinking when they do things. I'm looking at the S7 specs purely for what they'll copy onto a Note6 when I'll be thinking of a possible upgrade. I'm honestly more concerned about what'll be a step backwards than what'll be specd higher at this point.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><