Samsung Galaxy S6 May Have Improved Fingerprint Sensor

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung_galaxy_note_edge_display.jpg

Galaxy Note Edge pictured.

We have a couple of awesome rumors to share with you guys regarding the Samsung Galaxy S6 this morning. First, it looks like Sammy is going back to the drawing board for their fingerprint sensor (if this newest intel is accurate). Supposedly, Samsung was not happy with the performance (or lack thereof) provided by their current fingerprint sensor tech. Because of this, they may be considering replacing it with something more like the fingerprint sensor on the Apple iPhone 6. Basically, this new fingerprint sensor will be touch-based instead of swipe based.

The second big rumor is a list of specs which were hidden in a user agent profile found on Samsung's website for a device. The model number of the device was SM-G920A. We will supposedly see a Quad HD display (2560 x 1440 resolution) and a 64-bit processor on the Galaxy S6. Not much else was gleaned from the UAP, but it seems to jive with what we have heard previously.

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 section for more topics: Samsung Galaxy S6 General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I would love TouchID on my Sammy phones. It blows my Note Edge sensor out of the water.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Maybe this tech will give us all the thumbs up! :cool:

Alright. Enough puns. This would be pretty neat although I have no need for a FPR. It's one of those things that I would be like, "yeah cool I have it" but no real need for it. Samsung would be the ones to do it though. I figured them or Motorola. Wasn't there something a bit ago about a FPR on the glass itself or was that one of those daydreams I was having?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I don't typically use any type of lockscreen on my device, but it does come in handy when I travel. Used the fingerprint lockscreen during our vacation this past Thanksgiving and it worked fine most of the time. There were a few occasions where I had to rescan a couple times, but overall it worked pretty well. I think they'll be able to refine it without a problem.

S5 tap'n