Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Gets Bluetooth Certified

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S6-Teaser-11.jpg

It looks like Sammy's waterproof version of the Galaxy S6 shouldn't be too far away. A Samsung device bearing the model SM-G890A was spotted with its Bluetooth certs. This is more than likely the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active.

Here's what previous have suggested we may see in this device:
  • 5.1-inch QHD Super AMOLED+ display (same as the Galaxy S6)
  • Exynos 7420 SoC
  • 3GB RAM
  • 32GB of internal storage
  • Dimensions: 73.6 x 146.9 x 8.8 mm
  • Battery: 3500mAh
  • IP67 water resistance and dust resistance certs
We will keep an eye out for any clues as to when it will be officially announced and/or launched.

Source: SamMobile

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's a huge bump in battery. Wonder how much thicker it is compared to thes6 and s6 edge.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Slightly less then my Droid Turbo in Battery Capacity but this is the Version I would Like to get. But there is a 0% it will be seen for Verizon.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
sd card slot?

I'm probably gonna hold off for the note 5.... or just use my rooted note 2 until it literally falls apart.

then get a warranty replacement and use that one until it does the same thing.

all I want for christmas is a rootable phone I actually like the look of on verizon

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
or just use my rooted note 2 until it literally falls apart.
then get a warranty replacement and use that one until it does the same thing.
You know Samsung smartphones only have a one year warranty right? So a "warranty replacement" is going to be pretty difficult to get being that this device was originally released 4 years ago.

S5 tap'n

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
You know Samsung smartphones only have a one year warranty right? So a "warranty replacement" is going to be pretty difficult to get being that this device was originally released 4 years ago.

S5 tap'n
I've got tec coverage, extends the device warranty and if the problem is warranty related there's no deductible. I've used it a few times in other devices.

and before someone tells me I could set aside 6 per month and buy a new phone in two years save your text, I won't set the money aside I'll end up using it. this insurance is peace of mind, that I've had to use before for broken or stolen phones.

I'm sure eventually there will be a phone that will have what I'm looking for that I also want as a phone, someday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've got tec coverage, extends the device warranty and if the problem is warranty related there's no deductible. I've used it a few times in other devices.

and before someone tells me I could set aside 6 per month and buy a new phone in two years save your text, I won't set the money aside I'll end up using it. this insurance is peace of mind, that I've had to use before for broken or stolen phones.

I'm sure eventually there will be a phone that will have what I'm looking for that I also want as a phone, someday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You do realize that you could just set that insurance money aside and....oh wait.. Never mind.

I also have insurance. I pay cash for my phones and will not go without a fail safe.

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
This is definitely the phone I want to replace my S3 but I have Verizon.. Really, zero chance of it here?? So what phone should I hold out for if I want a bigger battery, and waterproof (or at least resistant) and G6 level technology.