S3 Poor Reception

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by TechnologicallyChallenged, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    Old enough to see this for the lame attempt it is to drag me into a pointless flame war. For those of you not experiencing issues with the S3, it's a great phone- keep it. It's all about what your priorities are in a phone and one, for me, is signal strength. So best of luck to all of you, and may you find the phone that makes you happy. And now I am done with this thread. :)

2. Psycholist

Psycholist New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GS3- great hand computer, lousy phone

I agree with the weak GS3 reception! I live in the Sierras and although the Moto X and Moto Bionic that I used for a few year had NOOO issues with dropped calls on my drive home from the Valley, the GS3 drops calls in about 3 different locations once in the hills. Verizon, who I love, tried an OTA settings update and a new SIM Card to try to fix the issue. No luck. As an experiment, I bought the Razr Maxx HD, for a day, and the phone was rock solid all the way home. No surprise. Unfortunately, the Razr's camera is as lame as the Bionics is and their idea of a 4.7 screen SHOULDN'T include the menu/back/recent apps buttons on the bottom that never go away. Back to the GS3 for now until the HTC DNA comes out. Hear that their radio is as good as Moto's, but the DNA specs are awesome!

3. NOVICE

NOVICE Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Upgraded from Galaxy Nexus (running JellyBean) to GS3. Knock wood, haven't had any dropped calls or radio problems.
    Don't know what I would do if I had reception problems as I am absolutely wedded to this phone and cannot conceive of replacing it--even with Note 2.
    Replaceable battery is mandatory for me as I run every feature and capability with max screen brightness and 5 to 6 hours of internet every day. Have 2 extra batteries and external charger but seldom have to switch out battery during the day. With my GNexus I exchanged battery 3x every day without fail.
    I even like TouchWiz which probably puts me in a minority.

4. mettech

mettech Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Would the phone case have any negative affect?

I am thinking about replacing my Otterbox Defender. When the Otterbox is off, I think the phone doesn't drop calls.

5. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +952
    I dropped calls without a case

6. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    Me too.

7. Hayes

Hayes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a problem with my iphone 4s and the lifeproof case. When I installed that case, me reception went to hell. Mettech, cases can definitely affect signal.

8. crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Mine s3 has been rock solid as far as no dropped calls or poor radio signal. I am coming from a Rezound which had excellent radio signal. Now, my S3 does have poor radio signal compared to my Rezound. My Rezound would have - 85 and my S3 has - 97 atm. But it is holding my 4G signal very good. The only problem with my S3 is the wifi. I leave my 4G on at home cause my S3 doesn't like my Netgear Gigabyte Dual Band router. For some odd reason reason whenever my S3 screen goes to sleep so does my wifi. And when I go use use the phone again it takes forever for the wifi to kick back on even though it says I am still connected to my wifi network. Plus, I get better battery with my wifi turned off.

Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 bad reception

galaxy s3 poor reception

my samsung galaxy s3 has poor reception
poor reception s3
s3 bad reception

s3 poor reception

samsung galaxy s3 poor reception

samsung galaxy s3 poor reception fix
samsung s3 poor reception
verizon galaxy s3 poor reception