S Voice: How Can I Prevent S Voice Commands From Unlocking My Device?

jj2man

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you in advance for your help. I am an avid cyclist and one of the reasons I purchased my Galaxy S4 was so that I could have the ability to use S the to play songs/make phonecalls/check voicemail etc etc using my headset controls while i go on long rides.

The problem is that every time I activate S Voice, wake up S voice by saying the "Hi Galaxy wakeup command, command S Voice to do something (such as play a song, make a phone call, etc) it UNLOCKS THE PHONE! This in turn causes my pocket to press all sorts of unwanted buttons, causing me to skip the track or end the phone call. I am using the standard swipe lock feature. I've searched high and low for a way to prevent this from happening to no avail.

In summary, would anybody be so kind as to walk me through the steps of preventing my phone from unlocking every time I use S Voice to perform a task? For cyclists such as myself, this would be huge. I appreciate your help!

Thankfully,
Pocket Dialer.

Scimino

Reaction score
Have you thought about maybe getting a armband that many joggers use? I'm sure there are also mounts you could attach to your bike.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't use S-voice personally, I turned it off. However, if it does unlock everytime when being used I'd invest in an arm band. It'd probably be more secure there than in your pocket and you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally opening apps or calling someone while it's in there either.