[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Shipping in September; Galaxy Gear in October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-sign.jpg

According to the latest scuttlebutt, not only will the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 be announced in September, it will also be shipping in September. Additionally, the Galaxy Gear smartwatch will ship to retail stores in October. Here's a quote with more of the details,

Both the Galaxy Note III and the Galaxy Gear smartwatch are all but confirmed to be ready for an official unveiling on September 4th, and today we’ve received the shipping dates for both devices in our mailbox – the third-generation Note will start shipping in the same month it is announced, while the smartwatch will arrive in the market from October.

Our source mentions week 36 as the likely time when the Note III will begin shipping, while the smartwatch will be shipped around week 40, though a delay of a week or two may happen, depending on region. It is also confirmed that Samsung is dropping the 16GB storage variant, which is great news looking at how the 16GB variant of the S4 leaves little usable space for the end-user (and also because lower than 32GB of built-in storage on flagship devices just doesn’t cut it any more).

Obviously, none of this has been officially confirmed, but the source is solid, so it seems very likely. As always, we will keep an eye on things and bring you any confirmation or additional details which pop up.

Source: SamMobile

bigdad63

Reaction score
it is breaking my heart just a bit that I will have to leave Samsung. I am always on my speakerphone having personal and business conversations where I have to look something up at the same time.I just got off of a call where I had to check a date and time for a dinner meeting while I was on the phone with a representative and when the phone was facing with the speaker towards me I could hear the representative fine but when I had to flip it around and check my calendar I had to have the speaker blasting on maximum in order to continue the conversation. With front facing speakers that would have been a much easier and more sophisticated conversation. Rear space facing speakers, after hearing the HTC One and the Nexus 10 speakers, just make the zero sense and I will not buy another phone without front facing speakers. So it looks like the HTC max will probably be my new phone. It's a shame because I have really enjoyed my time with my galaxy s3.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I can imagine that it's much better with the speakers on the front. Oh well, the HTC max looks to be pretty awesome!