[Rumor] Moto X Will Be Priced at $300 for the 16GB & $350 for the 32GB (Off Contract)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-invite-august-1.jpg

Even though this is just a rumor too, it looks like the previous rumors suggesting the new Moto X will be $300-350 off contract are true. Usually when multiple separate sources corroborate each other's stories, there's some truth to the intel. According to insider sources in China, the new Moto X will be priced at $299.99 for the 16GB version of the device, and will be $349.99 for the 32GB version of the device.

Obviously these prices put the Moto X squarely in the same price range as last year's LG Nexus 4. It's interesting that this Moto X isn't a Nexus device, but it certainly makes a great impression of one. Looking at these prices, it becomes apparent that Googorola's strategy is to continue the assault on the prices of mobile devices. It's a brilliant business move to follow the same strategy they used with the Nexus 4 phone and the Nexus 7 tablet. This allows them to push into more emerging markets across the globe and get the Android technology into the hands of even more people.

If you look at the specs of the Moto X, at first blush they seem only slightly better than a mid-range device, but when you consider the context of this price point and their target market, the value of this device goes to a whole new level.

Don't forget to check out our dedicated site for the new Moto X. You can find it @ MotoXForums.com

Source: PhoneArena

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL, at that price it would be a no-brainer vs. the "high-end" devices. Especially since I don't get a subsidized phone so I can keep my unlimited.

Only $100-$150 more than a contract phone. Just too bad there's no SD.

jseah

Reaction score
The problem is that the price probably only applies to the GSM version. The CDMA/LTE version for Verizon will probably be priced at $650 and cannot be purchased directly from Google.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Wow, $299 without a contract, and the new Maxx is $299 WITH a contract! This makes my no-contract buying decision so much simpler! And it even has LTE this time (I'm looking at YOU Nexus 4)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem is that the price probably only applies to the GSM version. The CDMA/LTE version for Verizon will probably be priced at $650 and cannot be purchased directly from Google.

party-pooper.

I'm not ready for a new phone yet, anyway. Running the latest rom on my Rezound and I can't imagine newer phones performing much better (just more power I don't need).

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Every quark in my body hopes you're wrong.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
party-pooper.

I'm not ready for a new phone yet, anyway. Running the latest rom on my Rezound and I can't imagine newer phones performing much better (just more power I don't need).

You would see a boost in battery life. The S4's are better on battery vs the S3's. I dont think you would see THAT noticeable different in performance. I didnt when going from a G-nex to the GS3. Hence why im trying out a IPhone 5...i got bored.

If this turns out to be a improved G-Nex(improved as in signal strength), I will buy it for 349(32GB) IF it has an unlocked bootloader, gets updates directly from Google AND can be run on Verizon. I miss my G-nex.

I mean it has the Adreno 320....Its going to be just fine and dandy performance wise.

KaChow

Reaction score
You know what I tend to find most interesting... If you visit Verizon Wireless and do a search for Motorola Smartphones, you'll get the Razr devices, Droid 4, and even the Brand new Pre-order Droid line, Mini, Ultra, and Maxx. But, no where in the lineup do you see the Moto X.

See for yourself...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
You know what I tend to find most interesting... If you visit Verizon Wireless and do a search for Motorola Smartphones, you'll get the Razr devices, Droid 4, and even the Brand new Pre-order Droid line, Mini, Ultra, and Maxx. But, no where in the lineup do you see the Moto X.

See for yourself...

Perhaps that's because the Moto X hasn't even been officially announced yet. The Ultra wasn't on the site until after it was announced today.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seems like this should probably have their X8 chip. And if that's the case, this phone might "wow" us yet despite the deceptively "mediocre" specs.