[Rumor] Motorola Might Launch Moto X at Affordable Nexus $300 Price Point or Less

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-1.jpg

There are some new rumblings about the Moto X device. We have already heard plenty about the medium level specs, the customization options, and the advanced AI software of the new phone, but one thing we haven't caught wind of was pricing. The latest intel suggests the phone could be priced very aggressively and might even be available at around the same price point as the Google Nexus 4 smartphone.

In fact, this latest rumor suggests it could sell off-contract for as little as $250 USD. This seems like wishful thinking so make sure to chew an Army Ranger's worth of salt to go with this story. We will keep an eye on this to figure out just how true it is. If it does turn out to be accurate, would this alter your perception of the device?

Source: PhoneArena

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
With specs similar to a Razr HD Maxx people have been acting like it's running a single core.

I ask... What task does a Droid Razr HD Maxx have problems performing? Remember this phone will have 2GB of RAM not 1GB like the Razr HD. I really think it's a non-issue unless someone releases an app that slows down this phone. Compared to current phones even a SGSIII has mid-level specs... Is that also an incapable phone? Just wondering.

djspy

Reaction score
I want to know the most important thing... How big is the battery? If it's anything less than my Maxx HD I'll pass.

xtor

Reaction score
I'll wait for the note 3, I jumped ship from moto and I'm not looking back.:)

sent from a note yee

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Could be my next phone...I'm looking for something a bit bigger to read books, and so it's either this or a mini tablet. Although I probably wait for a 4gig configuration with a quad core cpu.

I like my storage, too, and a 2nd sd slot would be awesome. So maybe they'll get me with the Note 4.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I like my storage, too, and a 2nd sd slot would be awesome. So maybe they'll get me with the Note 4.

You need to read those rumors closer. TWO SIM CARD SLOTS.... not SD CARD slots.
I bet this will not have an SD Card slot. I bet the current RAZR line is the last one that will have card slots. Google is bound and determined to make you use the cloud for everything.
And they are going to drag you kicking and screaming.
IF this has a SD card slot and really is $250 or $300 I would consider it...

squeak

Reaction score
I thought an affordable off contract price was one of the rumored cornerstone ideas for the x phone. Another being that it would be sold online, separate from the wireless carrier of your choice( everyone assumes this will be the Google play store).