[Rumor] Ice Cream Sandwich Updates in 2012 for Samsung Devices Listed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;AW2Vl4CVRd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AW2Vl4CVRd4[/video]​

Supposedly, the Italian Samsung division has "leaked" out a list of the Samsung devices that will be receiving the Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich update. Here is a breakdown below:
  • Galaxy S II
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1
  • Galaxy Note
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9
  • Tab 7.7
  • Tab 7.0 Plus
They further elaborated that the updates won't start hitting their devices until the second quarter of 2012. This is six months after the Galaxy Nexus will be released. Furthermore, since Samsung worked so closely with Google on ICS, they expect to beat other competitors to market with ICS on their other devices. This bodes ill news for folks hoping to get ICS quickly for their various HTC, Motorola and other devices.

Keep in mind, this may not be all bad news for users in the States, as this info does come from the Italian arm of Samsung, and could be region-specific. We will keep our ears to the ground for more details. Above is a video of the Galaxy Nexus compared to a Galaxy Note.

Source: SlashGear

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I fell in love with the Note when I first saw it, but also fell in love with all the stuff you can do with IceCream Sandwich. Though the Note will be getting ICS, I wonder if it will get all the same stuff in ICS that the Nexus will. Everything to do with the Nexus' camera is appealing to me. No idea if the Note will have a good quality 8MP camera or if it can do all the same stuff as the Nexus as it may be hardware related for the Nexus but damn, I love the size and look of the Note. Either way though, one of those two phones will be my next phone.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I use custom ROMs like most people on Forums so time frame means nothing. My AT&T SGS2 has been out less than 30 days and already has CM 7.1 ported to it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Holy smokes that Note is HUGE!!!

Is it supposed to be a phone or a mini-tablet?! LOL

Rhino413

Reaction score
Holy smokes that Note is HUGE!!!

Is it supposed to be a phone or a mini-tablet?! LOL

LOL the note should be renamed Chernobyl Galaxy Phone I finaly found a phone that will make my huge Quasimodo head look normal

Steve

Reaction score
I've been wishing for a phone like the Note for over a year now and learned about it 6 months ago and I can't wait for it to come to the states! I've never seen it in white, that is my next phone. I hope it comes to Verizon I'm locked in unlimited data plan and would hate to give it up, but I'm going to whom ever carries that phone.

Jahmakan

Reaction score
Hope this is true. I have my GS2 (int'l version) and would love to get some ICS on here. And though updates may not come as quick as "pure Google" devices, they will come quicker than the carrier specific models. Come on SAMSUNG!!