[Rumor] Amazon to Reveal Kindle Phone During Press Event Tomorrow

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazonpressevent.jpg

Rumors has it that Amazon is planning to reveal more than just new kindle tablets during their press event tomorrow in Las Angeles. According to the Verge, numerous sources have confirmed that Amazon will be unveiling their first kindle phone. The sources claim the device is still in early development and will run the same modded Android 4.0 that the tablets do. Hopefully the device is available for hands on impressions at tomorrows event, instead of just being displayed behind glass. Keep in mind this only a rumor but, we'll find out if it's true tomorrow. As always, we'll keep you updated with information from the press event, until then let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Phandroid

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
Just a heads up. Found this article over at engadget. Apparently the news wont drop until 1:30pm EST.

if i read the article right

B

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right on BJPalmer. The "reporting" on this website royally sucks sometimes. Ok I get it: not professionals. But still. You'd think the "news reporters" here would understand WE ALL LIVE IN DIFFERENT TIME ZONES.
And they share this news that the press conference is at 10:30. Period. Hello? It's already almost 11:30 here. Why no news yet? Ohhhhh.. because it's probably Pacific Time.

Way to blow it Droidforums... although I suppose I should have figured it out on my own when they mention Las Angeles. ;)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, someone needs to chillax. Maybe a more friendlier comment such as, please update the OP to read 10:30 am Pacific Standard time in Los Angeles.

Can't wait to see what they have. I've been disappointed as of late with Amazon's products, as they have not supported autoproxy and thus could not be used in the schools I support.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, you're totally right.
Just seen some simple mistakes lately, and snapped at this one.
My apologies...