rooting DROID x 4.5.605?

imgrtful

Reaction score
is there a guide to root with latest ota update?ive searched and found nothing.i looked at the rooting the X sticky and its from 2010

OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
thanks that worked...now what about a wireless tether app?i see that barnacle dosent have good reviews for moto devices

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
No problem. As for a tether app I actually use barnacle have been since it came out I'll admit sometimes it won't startup correctly but nothing that a restart of the app can't fix. Only one problem if you are on ota gingerbread tethering is broken unless you have the tethering plan.

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 22.1

volks71folk

Reaction score
i have the new 605 gingerbread and am rooted and have tryed everything to get tethered and it always goes to the verizon page. Is there a easy way way to use something other then gingerbread to get tethered? Anybody sugest something to get tethered? I just got a replacement phone because it locked up but i had no problem tethering on tha droid x. I was not on gingerbread tho

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Tethering has been broken in the latest gingerbread builds. The reason it worked before is because you were on the froyo builds. Unless you flash a custom ROM tethering will not work.

OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
ok barnacle works fine but when i access the web thru my 3g i get the page for vzw hotspot page.how do i get it to allow me to use my phone for surfing again?do i have to get rid of barnacle?

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Gingerbread is what's causing you to get the Verizon page they want you to sign up for a tethering plan. There once was a way around it but I don't know if it's been updated to include the latest update. Any ota gingerbread is not going to allow you to wireless tether no matter what app you use. Blocking the wireless tether is a built in function of the gingerbread rom.

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI and boot manager w/ shuji ota .602 icx

Basadroid

Reaction score
Well I got the OTA to 605 and had all kinds of issues this week. I finally got it all fixed. I have been trying to get my wife's done also but not having any luck.

Here is the link to my thread with the work around for the tether.

Newb 101 Help.

You need to get the bootstrap and apply the patch to be able to use wireless tether and by pass the VZW Splash screen.

I need to figure out how to get my wife's rooted, not sure what is happening. Using the D3 1 click and it isnt working.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Try the program I posted above works like a charm set to charge only and USB debugging on

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI and boot manager w/ shuji ota .602 icx

Basadroid

Reaction score
I get the same thing. Gets past the first part, says rebooting phone...

On reboot I get black screen that say...

Bootloader 30.04
battery OK
Ok to Program
Trasnfer Mode:
USB