Rooting and Unlocking

outstretched

Reaction score
Rooting and Unlocking (Noob here. Help please)

I may be getting a Droid X today (still uncertain) but before I do, I'd like to know a few things:

I'm getting the phone already rooted, but I'm not sure what rom they used to root it or whatever (I'm a complete noob at this). I want to use the phone under Simple Mobile so I was wondering if since the phone is rooted, does that mean the phone is unlocked?

And if not, how do I unlock a rooted phone?

I'm sorry if this questions has been asked and answered already, but I just really want to know.

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
outstretched said:
I may be getting a Droid X today (still uncertain) but before I do, I'd like to know a few things:

I'm getting the phone already rooted, but I'm not sure what rom they used to root it or whatever (I'm a complete noob at this). I want to use the phone under Simple Mobile so I was wondering if since the phone is rooted, does that mean the phone is unlocked?

And if not, how do I unlock a rooted phone?

I'm sorry if this questions has been asked and answered already, but I just really want to know.

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it.

The Droid X isn't unlockable, you may be able to flash it to Simple Mobile if they use a CDMA network but that wouldn't be easy, especially for a "noob" and I doubt you would be able to find a simple walkthrough to show you how to do it. Your best bet would probably be to contact them and ask if that's something that's even possible to do.