Rooted Now What?

DaveX

Reaction score
Today I nervously rooted my X using z4, I downloaded and ran bootstrap, and I downloaded bloat freeze and frooze some of my bloat. Now what is my next step guys? Most of this is greek to me so all suggestions are welcome. If you can not tell by now I am a newbie to android.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Check the sticky... "All-in-one POST ROOT thread"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

DaveX

Reaction score
I am interested in over clocking and maybe roms. I will check that sticky. Thanks

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
FWIW installing Liberty rom made a huge difference in speed, whereas overclocking was hardly noticeable (at least for me)

OP
D

DaveX

Reaction score
Thanks dr. I have seen a lot of different liberty options are they the same with different the themes?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Thanks dr. I have seen a lot of different liberty options are they the same with different the themes?

Yup. Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...an-one-giant-leap-liberty-1-5-2-2-2011-a.html for more info and to download Liberty. But, do yourself a favor, and read the instructions carefully, then read them again, then follow them to the letter. The instructions are usually a little different for each rom, so if you decide Liberty's not for you, the same advice goes for whatever one you try next. Liberty is probably the most noob-friendly, and the toolbox is great :)
p.s. I have tried a few others, but keep coming back to Liberty... personal preference

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yup. Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...an-one-giant-leap-liberty-1-5-2-2-2011-a.html for more info and to download Liberty. But, do yourself a favor, and read the instructions carefully, then read them again, then follow them to the letter. The instructions are usually a little different for each rom, so if you decide Liberty's not for you, the same advice goes for whatever one you try next. Liberty is probably the most noob-friendly, and the toolbox is great :)
p.s. I have tried a few others, but keep coming back to Liberty... personal preference

One up this....matter fact I would open instructions on computer then read while I did it on the phone. I have instructions in the links in my sig for this as well.

OP
D

DaveX

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys! I will check into all that on my cpu later and possibly attempt this evening!