Rooted HTC Thunderbolt ICS problem

raminator

Reaction score
I have a HTC Thunderbolt and I rooted it a while back. I have not installed a new ROM so I am still stock. It is now trying to install the over the air update of ICS and I can't stop it from the loop cycle of trying to install every time I boot the phone. What do I need to do to either stop the update or have it install successfully?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have installed a new ROM, then you're not stock. You need the HTC ThunderBolt All-In-One kit to flash back to stock.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Droid Forums

OP
R

raminator

Reaction score
I have not installed a new ROM. I can't keep the phone from rebooting right after it starts up. It reboots and tries to install ICS but can't since I rooted with the revolutionary.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Bort9020

Reaction score
If you've rooted - you can't accept OTA updates. Do you happen to have a nandroid backup perchance?I know there's a way to get out of the boot loop but it escapes me at the moment. After you get it back to 'normal' you want to install the Santod's (sp?) DEBLOATED DeOdexed ICS ROM found on other forums. I repeat, you cannot use over-the-air updates if you are rooted.edit: ICS here: [ROM] Official Thunderbolt ICS | Rooted | Deodexed | Stock - xda-developers