rooted droid making nintendo ds emu possible?

tyarbro13

Reaction score
So I was wondering, now that the Droid had been successfully rooted, will this help make it possible to make a Nintendo ds emulator, or will the difficulty be the same? I've heard the fact that since the nds has two screens it will be more difficult than say the gba emu, but I was using No$gba emu and running a nds game, and noticed that the size of the program's screen will fit the droid (the window in its smallest default size).

Newton122189

Reaction score
So I was wondering, now that the Droid had been successfully rooted, will this help make it possible to make a Nintendo ds emulator, or will the difficulty be the same? I've heard the fact that since the nds has two screens it will be more difficult than say the gba emu, but I was using No$gba emu and running a nds game, and noticed that the size of the program's screen will fit the droid (the window in its smallest default size).

a ds emulator on the droid isnt plausible, there isnt an n64, or ps1, why would there be a ds, it would be difficult to run smoothly and the dual screens present issues

Silverwing

Reaction score
Dual screen would be the major issue here. Fix that predicament, and people may try and emulate a Nintendo DS.

Big Lou

Reaction score
First of all, dual screens is NOT a problem. The PC emulators don't require two screens... think about it: you could easily fit two screens on top of each other in portrait mode. They would be a little smaller than a normal DS, but it's definitely possible. And there's no doubt in my mind that the Droid is powerful enough to emulate DS... in fact I'm pretty sure it's powerful enough to emulate an N64.

Varking

Reaction score
It is actually powerful enough to run an Nintendo 64, a Playstation 1, and even a Nintendo DS. The screen would have to be created even smaller then usual but it is possible.

Big Lou

Reaction score
The only problem I can come up with is controls. Sure, on the Droid you can slide out the keyboard and use keys with one hand while in portrait mode, but what about the other hand? Maybe soft keys on the screen? I don't know.

Newton122189

Reaction score
It is actually powerful enough to run an Nintendo 64, a Playstation 1, and even a Nintendo DS. The screen would have to be created even smaller then usual but it is possible.

i know its powerful enough to run them, my point was why would someone make the more complicated ds emu when there isnt a n64 or ps1 yet

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on it being powerful enough to run them WELL. Emulation is VERY taxing on hardware. Even on a powerful PC, N64 and PS1 emulation can get choppy at times. And on the Droid, even the SNES emulator can lag at times playing certain games. And that thing had a 16-bit CPU running at around 4MHz, IIRC.

pluginxbabyy

Reaction score
So with it being said that we know the Droid can run a DS emulator [maybe not as fast as the DS itself, but good enough for play], and we know that No$GBA has been able to port DS games to a sort of GBA interface, then it's really just a matter of doing it.

Just use the same controls that you have set up for Gameboid or GBCoid, and play the DS in similar fashion. The Droid might run slower, and you might get some lag on some games, but hell, you're playing on a Motorola cell phone.

Thoughts?

Last edited: