Root help

Droid592

Reaction score
Okk so I'm ready to root not because the phone needs it I think it's awesome out of the box but just wanna take my experience further. I was reading on how to root and I mean simple enough follow directions and everything will be ok my only question is I installed the update out of the box so will I need to revert to a older version or install a new leaked out any pointers will help thanks

HTC Thunderbolt Using Droid Forums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okk so I'm ready to root not because the phone needs it I think it's awesome out of the box but just wanna take my experience further. I was reading on how to root and I mean simple enough follow directions and everything will be ok my only question is I installed the update out of the box so will I need to revert to a older version or install a new leaked out any pointers will help thanks

HTC Thunderbolt Using Droid Forums

Yeah, my understanding is you'll basically have to "downgrade" to root, then reinstall the most recent radio once rooted.

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score
Errr alright seems like im gonna need more help then i thought, hopefully i get some users that have recently rooted to chime in. Ive been reading on all the different ways to root but none mention for what version or anything so im lost and dont want to brick

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Errr alright seems like im gonna need more help then i thought, hopefully i get some users that have recently rooted to chime in. Ive been reading on all the different ways to root but none mention for what version or anything so im lost and dont want to brick

I haven't rooted....yet. Though I obviously have rooted and run just about everything on my old D1.

Head to the TB section at xda. Great resource there for all your mod needs.

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score
Alright ill give that a shot, i was the same exact way with my moto droid had it fully rooted ran everything out there possible but new device new experience dont wanna jump and brick lol i am itching to root though i already know what i want to run as far as rom CM7 but havent come across a theme.