1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

root help

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Hacks' started by thumper, May 1, 2011.

1. thumper

thumper New Member

Hello to all and I hope this isn't summon that has been or is repetitive! First off I am not necessarily new to rooting I have had an incredible for well over a year and about 3 months into it I rooted mine and unfortunately had to unrest it and get a replacement due to problems not related to it being rooted. So got my new one I.e. refurbished yesterday and went to root it and I already had all the stuff installed from previous rooted phone like the drivers and all that need to b there for Windows. I download the revoked3 flash tool and plug in phone to start root process and it begins and then says its terminating and won't go past that so I'm kinda at a loss as for what to do? Do I install all drivers because I know when in hoot and go to manage devices it shows Android phone so it seems as if everything is there to do what I need it to do to root my phone. I'm lost and hate the stock Rom and want my cyanogen mod back and all the other great features that are associated with a rooted phone. Thanks for if help!!!!!
  2. drust

drust New Member

did you try another option of rooting besides revoked3?
  3. thumper

thumper New Member

Drust...no I haven't tried anything else but I am open to all or any suggestions. As long as they are not too complicated I just want root back.
  4. drust

drust New Member

I have always used motocach1 method. But i have a droid1 im not sure if it would work on the incredible. Read before trying anything but there is probably another way..

Side note: have to ask, did u see if you have root access already?
  5. thumper

thumper New Member

No I do not have root access! I also forgot to mention that it will start the root process and reboot once then it say waiting for it to settle down and then it loosed communication with phone.
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  6. smtom

smtom New Member

Make sure sd is FAT32, and uninstall the old root stuff from pc, then redownload the drivers, they've changed since the root was first achieved.
    Follow the guide on Doug Pistons site, it will work.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
Search tags for this page

root@thumpernet.com