rom 101

steinz

Reaction score
I am rooted and running skyrider 2.5.2. If I wanted to add another rom or put skyrider 3.0, while keeping 2.5.2, will I have to reinstall all the apps currently installed? Will I have to backup and restore all my contacts?

dbu

Reaction score
I am rooted and running skyrider 2.5.2. If I wanted to add another rom or put skyrider 3.0, while keeping 2.5.2, will I have to reinstall all the apps currently installed? Will I have to backup and restore all my contacts?

Contacts should be backed up via your Google account. Do yourself a favor and download titanium backup pro from the market. You will thank me later.

OP
S

steinz

Reaction score
thanks,
so if I use titanium backup from skyrider 2.5 and load skyrider 3, I then do a restore and all my apps, contacts and settings get loaded?

dadajack

Reaction score
He said thank him later. No, really though. Unless you install the ROM without doing a full wipe, which is not recommended, you will need to apply whatever settings you had before manually. SR3.0 is a fantastic ROM btw.

dbu

Reaction score
thanks,
so if I use titanium backup from skyrider 2.5 and load skyrider 3, I then do a restore and all my apps, contacts and settings get loaded?

Your contacts will be restored after you sign back into your gmail account after flashing a new rom. titanium CAN restore everything, BUT, I only use it to restore user apps with data. You can run into problems restoring system settings and what not while going to different ROMs.