1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ringtones to phone memory?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by armedmonkey, Aug 19, 2010.

1. armedmonkey

armedmonkey New Member

Is there a way to put your rings somewhere on the phone memory?

If I have my phone plugged in with USB in mass storage mode then my ringtone doesn't play; it's annoying
  2. xMercury

xMercury New Member

If you've rooted, you can copy it from your sdcard and put it in /system/media/audio/ringtones using a file manager such as Root Explorer or some terminal app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. armedmonkey

armedmonkey New Member

Boo. I don't feel like rooting until I get FroYo on here. I guess the answer to the question of "is it possible to do it without rooting?" is "No"... Though, does that mean that the whole phone memory is Read-only? I mean, if I could stick it somewhere, anywhere (in phone mem), I could set it to ringtone with Astro...
  4. xMercury

xMercury New Member

I'm not sure if the whole phone is read-only. You could maybe try moving it to the base /system folder. Or have you already tried this? I'm assuming it's gonna be read-only, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk