Review the Android 9 Pie

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Wilsondrake, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Wilsondrake

Wilsondrake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 5
    So folks it is out and ready to roll. What are your reviews ?

2. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +131
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    I looked at some of the articles and it looks interesting not crazy about the notch examples though gaun more screen space to end up with notches 1 step forward 1 step back
    I never have a problem with screen space on Z2 force and it has a physical button
    They should sell phones with and without the button to satisfy everyone #bringbackthebutton

The swipe gestures look ok and necessary if you don't have buttons even though they will have virtual ones

Didn't see anything that looked like it was a must have feature besides possibly improved battery life

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +994
    I suppose I could live without buttons, epecially if they are more contextually aware. Except I'm very used to the physical buttons, however I have shortcuts on the bottom of my screen I use to jump to other homescreens and navigate, so the software buttons would get in the way.

I have 0 interest in using gestures and swiping left/right or swiping with multiple fingers to navigate. Does not work well with how I set-up my phone.

• Like Like x 1