Return my HTC Rezound today for Galaxy Nexus

nadav64

Reaction score
Really? I doubt a cell phone purchase comes close to one of the biggest mistakes of my life. But yes I regret is now.

This phone is a fail!!!
They had so much time to work on ics and the is full org lags and bugs.
I'm regretting and so are you and we not have justified reasons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Wow that was hard to read. I think your post was the fail.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

t35rk

Reaction score
I started having issue with this phone, call quality is unacceptable at times, I haven't lost data connection when being on 3G, or 4G, but when I switch from my wifi to Verizon 3G I have to reboot phone to connect to Verizon's network and that go's both ways, same issue going from Verizon's network to wifi.

I almost missed a VERY IMPORTANT call for a job interview, the person calling couldn't hear me and I had to run outside for them to hear me, they called me back on my wife's rezound without issues. I'll be honest, I'd love this phone over all others if not for the issues I started having.

I went to the Verizon store to get the Rezound back and was informed you can only exchange once during the 14 day period after that your stuck with the phone for 2 years. I did NOT KNOW THIS, I though you could exchange until your happy.

I tried calling corporate and was told the same thing, they offered me a chance to upgrade a line 6 months early but it couldn't be a 4G phone which would still leave me stuck with a 300 dollar phone I'm not happy with. I threaten to cancel my service after being a EIGHT YEAR customer that has never been disconnected for non payment. All they told me was there will be a 350 dollar ETF for each line and I'd still be charged 300 for the Nexus on top of that.

They keep telling me at the store and on the phone a update will fix it, I'm so pissed at myself because I said I would not chance this and did it anyway. Don't get me wrong I love the phone if it would just work.

So I'm in a position now that I either improve these issues with unlocking and rooting, or I cancel my Verizon service after 8 years and don't pay them a penny,I'll fight it in court before I pay them.

I'm so sick to my stomach, anyway will rooting help my issues? If so where do I go for a step by step for dummies? I can read and follow direction, but I've never hacked anything in my life.....

Go back to another location if you must, and do not take no for an answer. And can you not return it for a full refund at this point? I bet you could.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Big Ry

Reaction score
I don't understand why you would miss a call because of wifi. Wifi doesn't disconnect voice...im not even sure if it disconnects data (I still see bars even though it's definitely using the wifi). Perhaps it's defective. Does anyone else here have issues receiving calls on wifi? I don't get enough calls or use wifi frequently enough to know if I've missed calls. When I toggle wifi, I have no issue getting data back...sometimes it takes maybe 5-10 seconds for the icon to show on the notification bar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I don't understand why you would miss a call because of wifi. Wifi doesn't disconnect voice...im not even sure if it disconnects data (I still see bars even though it's definitely using the wifi). Perhaps it's defective. Does anyone else here have issues receiving calls on wifi? I don't get enough calls or use wifi frequently enough to know if I've missed calls. When I toggle wifi, I have no issue getting data back...sometimes it takes maybe 5-10 seconds for the icon to show on the notification bar.

You misunderstood me, the call quality had nothing to do with wifi to my knowledge, it was a separate issue. The wifi issue was my Nexus wouldn't transition from wifi to 3g/4g without rebooting the phone after I left my home.

I just got off the phone with tech support and they had me do two master resets, one under setting, then another holding down the volume and power button. I just drove down the road long enough to test it and the reset seems to work for far.

If this phone will work correctly I can say now I will love it, but if it fails to make important phone calls then it is just a useless waste of space.

Big Ry

Reaction score
You misunderstood me, the call quality had nothing to do with wifi to my knowledge, it was a separate issue. The wifi issue was my Nexus wouldn't transition from wifi to 3g/4g without rebooting the phone after I left my home.

I just got off the phone with tech support and they had me do two master resets, one under setting, then another holding down the volume and power button. I just drove down the road long enough to test it and the reset seems to work for far.

If this phone will work correctly I can say now I will love it, but if it fails to make important phone calls then it is just a useless waste of space.
Oh, ok. So as I understand it now, you're not getting 3G/4G back when switching from wifi. So when you receive a call its on crappy 1X and sounds terrible? The only way you've been able to get it back is by rebooting. Now, are you receiving the call prior to shutting off wifi or well after?

Good to hear the factory resets seem to have worked. They usually help with a lot of issues. I always try battery pulls, then factory resets for issues like this.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Oh, ok. So as I understand it now, you're not getting 3G/4G back when switching from wifi. So when you receive a call its on crappy 1X and sounds terrible? The only way you've been able to get it back is by rebooting. Now, are you receiving the call prior to shutting off wifi or well after?

Good to hear the factory resets seem to have worked. They usually help with a lot of issues. I always try battery pulls, then factory resets for issues like this.

I can't say the wifi has anything to do with the calling issues I was having, seemed to happen on wifi,3G, and 4G. i have done a few test calls and so far so good. Maybe it's possible the factory resets resolved my issues. If so then I take back my regret post. I just want a damn phone that works.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I can't say the wifi has anything to do with the calling issues I was having, seemed to happen on wifi,3G, and 4G. i have done a few test calls and so far so good. Maybe it's possible the factory resets resolved my issues. If so then I take back my regret post. I just want a damn phone that works.
Oh, it was terrible sound quality regardless of the network mode. Well, yeah, if its not happening now...chances are there was just something funky going on that was solved by the factory reset. Sometimes that just happens with phones. I was a salesman before, and I've seen it dozens of times with customers' phones.

x25064

Reaction score
This phone is a fail!!!
They had so much time to work on ics and the is full org lags and bugs.
I'm regretting and so are you and we not have justified reasons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Your experience as described in your other thread is not a typical nexus experience. It certainly doesn't give you the merit to call the phone a failure. Your inability to exchange your phone for a working model is a failure.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Oh wow yeah I recognize that guy (nadav64) from the other thread. He bought some broken GNex online and now he's pissed cause he got scammed out of $700. He's not even cooperating when people try to help him...just complaining and saying he now needs an iphone. Don't trash talk the phone because you made a dumb mistake.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why would someone pay a third party the same (or more in this case) amount of money for the phone you can get from vzw. Wow.

hydro556

Reaction score
Oh wow yeah I recognize that guy (nadav64) from the other thread. He bought some broken GNex online and now he's pissed cause he got scammed out of $700. He's not even cooperating when people try to help him...just complaining and saying he now needs an iphone. Don't trash talk the phone because you made a dumb mistake.

Wait, he bought a broken device via a scam, and now he is going around bashing the device.

Sorry, but that is funny. There is a lesson somewhere in there.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Wait, he bought a broken device via a scam, and now he is going around bashing the device.

Sorry, but that is funny. There is a lesson somewhere in there.

Just bought a broken device...I don't know where he got it. It's clearly defective but he seems to think it's just the nature of all GNexs