Restore and backup

lowvolt

Reaction score
So I took the update. I used Matt's tool to sbf back to stock, took the update re rooted using motochopper. Re rooted and still have unlocked boot loader. I am using TWRP as recovery. When I do a back up it doesn't ever seem to finish. It gets yo generating MD5 and hangs. I can still sort of do a restore from here but it only restored system not data. So its like the phone is out of the box new again. Retains root though. Any ideas on why I can't do a full back up and restore?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol ummm. How long does it hang? Generating md5 for me takes a few minutes sometimes.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
I believe its longer than that. I tried twice. I will try again and report.

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Well I thought I had it. In settings I noticed that back up data and cache were not checked. I checked everything and it did s full back up. System data and generated MD5 for both. I figured I would try and restore to test. Restore of data failed. Failed to load tar or something., ? Makes the phone new again though. Although not very convenient to reconfigure everything over and over again. Thoughts?

shane1

Reaction score
So I took the update. I used Matt's tool to sbf back to stock, took the update re rooted using motochopper. Re rooted and still have unlocked boot loader. I am using TWRP as recovery. When I do a back up it doesn't ever seem to finish. It gets yo generating MD5 and hangs. I can still sort of do a restore from here but it only restored system not data. So its like the phone is out of the box new again. Retains root though. Any ideas on why I can't do a full back up and restore?

Sounds like a twrp 2.4 issue install twrp 2.3 and that should clear up your issue

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Sounds like a twrp 2.4 issue install twrp 2.3 and that should clear up your issue

I didn't think 2.3 was compatible with RAZR m due to screen size.

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a link to TWRP 2.3 for the razr m so I flashed CWM and was able to back up and restore successfully. Here's the weird part. When I did the restore and re booted I was directed to fix root as it may have been lost. I clicked yes fix root the phone re booted and I checked root which was still good. Anyone else have this issue? Any one have a 2.3 link?

shane1

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a link to TWRP 2.3 for the razr m so I flashed CWM and was able to back up and restore successfully. Here's the weird part. When I did the restore and re booted I was directed to fix root as it may have been lost. I clicked yes fix root the phone re booted and I checked root which was still good. Anyone else have this issue? Any one have a 2.3 link?

Installing a Custom Recovery - Droid Razr M Developer Edition Development [XT907] - DroidRzr.com you have to install with option 2. There are others ,but I used this one so i know it works.