Replacing Icons with Custom ones...

Reaction score
I wanns replace an app icon with a custom one. In the case I wanna replace the gmail icon with one that goes better with my theme. So how would I go about doing that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Get a replacement launcher such as GoLauncher or ADW. There are a few apps in the market that let you change icons as well. Desktop Visulizer I believe is one of them.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I use Launcher Pro Plus...and text based icons I make myself...they arent that hard to do once you get the hang of them...

Below is a screencap of my "apps screen"...

81610414853830682524.png

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I have adw, where would I put the image I want to change my gmail icon with. So that adw reconizes it

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have adw, where would I put the image I want to change my gmail icon with. So that adw reconizes it

Make a folder on your SD card labeled "Icons", and then drop any files you want to use as icons in it. When you go to change the icon, it should ask you where to look...select Gallery, then the Icons folder...

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the help bro. So my last question. How does one change icons that are in the notification bar. I'm assuming that's a lil bit trickier and im pretty sire adw doesn't do it. So how would I got about that, and is there any guides out there that give info on that. I know some coding and what not, and I wanna learn to make my own themes

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the help bro. So my last question. How does one change icons that are in the notification bar. I'm assuming that's a lil bit trickier and im pretty sire adw doesn't do it. So how would I got about that, and is there any guides out there that give info on that. I know some coding and what not, and I wanna learn to make my own themes

You`re right, it is trickier to do the Notification Bar icons. From what I can tell, the easiest way is to use MetaMorph or Ninjamorph to do the diting and then updating through the .zip files they create. Go to Droid Pirate and click on the Metamorph section...may find the info you are looking for...

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Word, I will do that, thanks for the help. And if anyone else knows coding and is familiar with coding on the droid X or other android phones. Im trying to put a team together to make a rom. I know coding but im never done it on android. I've done coding for mods on games like Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike 1.6 and half life, as well as some RTS' like Rise of Nations, Star Craft, and some others. I've also done a few programs for Windows XP. I'm also familiar with animation and 3D modelling which I think would come in handy for boot animations and such. But like I said, im never done any coding for android, so im lookin for some people who are familiar with it. So PM if your interested

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Ok so I used metamorph on my gf's phone and made her notification bar black but for some reason she didn't like it lol but I cany figure out how to uninstall the stuff I do with metamorph. Can someone plz help me figure it out before she kills me hahaha

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1